Info re buying DAB radio

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by jokerib, Jan 29, 2009.

1. jokerib

jokerib
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to All

I live in Malta (europe) and the island is in the process of introducing DAB. In an advert promoting DAB services and also a particular DAB receiver system, its being said that one has to be careful when buying DAB systems from abroad since these have to be setup according to the system being used in a particular area. In short this means that I can only buy from here and not shop around for bargains from other countries since these DAB receiver units might not work properly here.

Is this true and if it is so what settings (if any) should I check so that I can confirm that the system will work even if I buy it from abroad?

Thanks
    Jokerib

2. mb23

mb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Malta is using the DAB+ system, which is an upgraded version of the DAB system used in the UK and several other countries (such as Norway & Denmark).

Quite a few radios on sale in the UK will not receive DAB+ so you need to be careful and check before you buy.

DAB+ is being introduced in many other countries (including Australia from May) so there should be plenty of radios on the market very soon. DAB+ radios will also receive DAB transmissions.