1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on tosh Rp TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mugged, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Mugged

Mugged
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi could some one who owns a tosh rp tv help me bought a tosh rp about four months ago which sat in it's box fo about two months. When we did get to setting it and using it we i or to things i was not happy ie convergence not quiet right focus was not to good either but one thing that is really annoying is a pink bloom down the right hand side of the screen really distracting while viewing a b & w picture. I had the set returned to the service deparment which was returned just over a week later.
    but to my mind this set returned in a worse state than it went
    after complaiining we managed to get toshiba to send a guy to sort it. I must say this has done a greate job of setting convergence and we now have a good picture but this damm pink bloom is still there guy from tosh say's it a side affect of rp tv's cannot be sorted is this true do any of you guys with these set have this problem and is there nothing to be done just have to live with it ?.

Mugged...............

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I own the 42pw23 and have noticed this pink bloom...but only slightly........i can only see it when the TV is in 4:3 mode and i am sitting to the left side of the screen.......as soon as i move a couple of degrees towards the center, it goes and it also goes (or is not noticeable) When it switches to widescreen.

Maybe it has something to do with the mirror.......there must be a very slight gap between the mirror and the side of the TV, just enough to allow some light to get past it and show on the screen.....but why it is mostly on the right side, i do not know...maybe someone might complain about it down the left side, one day and prove my theory, if there mirror has moved sides.

But it is not bad enough to destract me from what i am watching......i only started noticeing it when natian was complaining about his one...but i have to look quite hard and long to see it.

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it's only really noticeable on black & white films- in Monsters Inc etc it looks fine.

Has anyone lined the inside of the Toshiba with Duvatyne? Would that reduce the pink?