1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on Sherwood RD6106R ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Timc, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Timc

Timc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience / knowledge of this amp, I am thinking of buying one but i'm finding it difficult getting my hands on specs or reviews.

Any Feedback appreciated.

Thanks

2. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My experience with Sherwood Amps on general (AV Amps) is this:

Model 1 - annoying fault
    Replacement - another annoying fault
    model 3 - features not implimented properly (like auto switching between surround formats)
    All models - poor sound.

Yamaha is nearly always priced competatively now, especially at Richer Sounds and sounds shed loads better.

Sorry to sound negative, but I gave Sherwood a good chance and got so fed up with the brans I didtched them

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,252
    I was looking at this on the Richersounds web site and wondered what it had over and above the Sherwood RDS6090 which I already own and am quite pleased with but lacks DTS.
    In particular I wanted to know if this has DTS/DD 6.1 decoders and speaker outputs as I heard this rumoured elsewhere on the web.
    As their web site is woefully short on product information I emailed them, this was the jist of the response...

"The RD6106 does include DTS decoding, and also features a 5.1 input
    (sometimes called a 6-channel input."

Not exactly the full list of specs I had hoped for, but a 24hour turn around on an email enquiry is at least trying. Looks like I will have to trek through the rain to have a look at this and compare it with the (permanently out of stock) Yamahas that everyone recommends here.

AMc

[This message has been edited by AMc (edited 28-11-2000).]

4. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cut off, cut off again,
    turned on again, hissed, crackled, burst into flames, just like the previous 8090!

------------------
    'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

member formerly known as hank hill