1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on new 2005 Toshiba LCDs

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DaveBUK, Mar 11, 2005.

1. DaveBUK

DaveBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digging around on the internet I have found out a bit of info on Toshiba new LCD TV range :

http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Toshiba_LCD_Television.html
    Analogue tuner
    23WL56
    27WL56
    32WL56
    37WL56

All available May 05, but no price

Digital Freeview tuner
    27WLT58 available Aug 05
    32WLT58 available Aug 05
    37WLT58 available Sep 05
    42WLT58 available Oct 05

no price

Toshiba Germany website zip file (7Mbytes) of Cebit highlights in German which contains details/pictures on the WL56 series (and other Toshiba kit). In particular it says about pixelprocessing III (google translation):

For perfect image quality Toshibas newly developed technology pixel processing III. beside the circuits "pixel interpolation" and "material speed already successfully used with pixel processing II provides a progressive one", which provide for a clearly increased image definition and movement-sharp pictures, the new technology by four innovations was extended:
    1. MPEG Noise Reduction during digital graphic data transmission can coming it to artifacts such as flares at motive edges, if the data rates are very low. "MPEG Noise Reduction" seeks out these picture errors and eliminates it.
    2. CROSS Colour Noise Suppression of brightness and color signals can affect each other under certain circumstances. This leads the Moirée in such a way specified effects to color washing. "CROSS Colour Noise Suppression" prevents such color washing. Chroma nose Correction during the decoding of color information can occur the error that parts of a line in the wrong color are represented, because the color information of another line is assigned to this line. "Chroma nose Correction" examines the picture on such color defects and assigns to the line the correct color.
    3. Active Contrast Enhancement conventional contrast reinforcement have the disadvantage that they let details in dark and very bright picture portions disappear. 4."Active Contrast Enhancement" analyzes the picture and strengthens the contrast only if from it no detail loss results.
    Further LCD tv with the picture improvement technologies "Crystalline" are equipped, which make a fast panel control and thus an extremely short response time and "material digitally for Picture possible", which avoids quality-reducing similar/digitally and digitalsimilarly transformations.

The WL56 very look similar to the WL48 range.

Dave

2. MokerJoker

MokerJoker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Interesting... 37WL56 is listed for €2999/£2000, not bad at all! No component, but it has HDMI and VGA.

(Google did a nice job translating "Chroma Bug Correction" BTW :))

3. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    if the 37WL56 turns out to be as good as it sounds, i'm 'aving one!

4. BobD

BobD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The addition of an integrated freeview tuner should enable a good digital picture with no analogue to digital artefacts.
    I have the Toshiba 17wlt46 with integrated freeview and the picture on freeview is so clear and sharp - really is a must have.
    If the price is around the current 32wl46 price then I will definately be interested.

5. ian watson

ian watson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

This is my first post here!

Im thinking about getting a 37WLT58 when they come out. I will be using it with my Sky+ and Eveshams ebox2......
    http://www.evesham.com/mce2005/systems.asp?p=24143&r=173

Im a little confused how well PC's connect to LCD TV's, and the screen resolution. The ebox2 does have DVI output.

Can anyone help me.? (I have spent ages on here and Google looking for PC to LCD TV connection info).

Many Thanks,
    Ian Watson

6. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    Wa in Currys today and they had the 27WL56 listed at £850 i think :eek:

I guess that means sub £700 for online purchases.

Had HDMI but no component.

7. Bilbob

Bilbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Got mine aleady for £660 delivered. It's a nice set too... a couple of issues with vga input, but I'm hoping tosh techys can sort that out. Very good picture on it. Blacks are very good