Info on Funai DR-B2737 DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Steve_Tech, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Steve_Tech

Steve_Tech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Note funai also make a drv-B2737 which has a vhs video as well.

I aquired one of these recently from a comet store. Price was 89.99 but it recently went up to 99.99.
    I found ritek dvd-rw disks (2x) worked fine. Comet was selling a 25 pack of these for 9.99 which was cheaper than the dvd-r they stocked.
    The recorder user guide says don't use higher speed dvd-rw disks.

The documentation for this on the web is fairly limited apart from pdf spec sheets available from maplin, e-buyer and www.funai.de.

Features:
    Recording quality mode lets you view live the output of the mpeg encoder under different recording speed settings.

Title entry of text for tracks uses the remote control numeric keypad as for
    sending text messages.

The unit has 6 recording speeds.
    1hr 720x576 256kaudio
    2hr 720x576 256kaudio
    4hr 353x576 192k audio
    6hr 352x288 192k audio
    8hr 352x288 128k audio
    10hr 352x288 128k audio

There are two scart inputs and 1 rear svideo input.

The front input is shared between composite and svideo selectable from a setup menu.
    The 4 AV inputs are selected using the channel up/down control rather than separate A/V select button.

The fan is quite noisy but is only on when the recorder is powered up.
    I have a problem with interference bars generated on the uhf channel used by channel 4 (crystal palace), which is also picked up by other a/v equipment when the unit is on. I mainly plan to use the unit to copy recordings from the humax 8000T recorder so this is less of an issue.

In order to record s-video from the humax you need a scart to s-video lead.

2. Steve_Tech

Steve_Tech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently re-arranged my uhf cables and the problem with spurious interference on channel 4 went.