1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info needed before I update software of my AVR 300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Duster, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im just about to update my AVR 300 for the first time, but there is one thing I don't understand.

I've been reading all the info about "How to install new software into the AVR300". I understand this, but after this it goes on to "AVR300 DSP Update" and it seems to imply that you have to run the "How To Install New Software" again to update the DSP.
    Is this correct?

Can someone help me out with this please, as I don't want to make any mistakes when I run the software.

Thanks.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    First and foremost you need to apply any DSP updates before you apply the firmware updates. If you have not done this you risk screwing things up.

The method of putting the AVR300 into DSP Update mode are slightly different to that for putting it into Firmware Update mode.

If you at all unsure about doing this yourself then you should not be doing it at all. This is one of the reasons why Arcam insist on getting your dealer to apply any updates if necessary.

3. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.

I'm happy to update, say the BIOS on my PC, and I know the risks.

But your right, I've never updated the Firmware/DSP on my AVR 300 before, and thats why I posted here to ask people that know.
    I don't want any costly mistakes, due to my fault. So thanks for putting me right about the updating order, IE DSP first then Firmware.

I'll think about what you have said, and I may leave it until I can return to my dealer.
    The only problem with that is, I now live in Germany, and my dealer is back in the UK.
    It may be a year or 2 before I return to the UK.

It seems alittle strange that DSP and Firmware are not updated together, in one update, why is that?

Thanks again for your help Crusty

4. ScubaPro1

ScubaPro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Duster you have a PM