1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info for the Toshiba sd-2600 dvd player (multi-region)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paedro, Nov 11, 2003.

1. paedro

paedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba sd-2600 and am wondering if it is multi-region?

I read on dvdrhelp.com that the sd-2550, sd-2600 and the sd-2650 are the same dvd player just different front panels and also that they are multi-region capable. However, i have not been able to find anything regarding on how to do it. So if anyone can help me make this thing multi-region, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched everywhere (including these forums) and have been confused whether it is actually possible.

If it helps, i live in Australia (i heard that this particular dvd player is only available/different in Australia.

thanks in advance

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Hi paedro and welcome to the forum.

I have a Toshiba SD-900e (UK) and that was upgraded to multiregion before I bought it by the shop. They did this with a firmware update. I would therefore think that if you DVDP is capable of MR then it would be upgraded in the same way. If you can find it on the internet and have a CD/DVD recorder on your PC/Mac then you could download the file and create a disk and do the upgrade yourself. If not then find a dealer that has the disk.
    Be aware that when upgrading the firmware you can 'kill' a player if it goes wrong. It is then back to Toshiba for a repair. This would also make any warentee void, so the repair would be chargeable.

Mark.

3. Harry T

Harry T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When making enquiries re purchasing my DVD players, I was told that all Toshiba's in Australia, are not multi-region out of the box and they all can be made multi-region at any Toshiba Service Centre.

That was too much trouble for me and didn't investigate any further.

But a quick search on the internet, it appears that is it the same firmware update as the SD220E.

Try here

http://www.geocities.com/its_yahell/toshiba_sd220e.html]or here (different instructions)[/URL]

4. paedro

paedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys for your feedback

i will llok further into the firmware upgrade.

i didn't realise that the firmware for the sd220e is the same for the sd2600.

i will try to find out if i can get the firmware upgrade disc from a dealer and then if not, try and convince my girlfriend to let me upgrade the flash in her dvdp :)

thanks again guys

p.s. i didn't know about these forums until this problem came along but i can assure you that i will be hanging around :)