Info about digital camcorders

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by stuup, Mar 18, 2002.

1. stuup

stuup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone hope someone can point me out in the right direction please. I want to buy a Digital Camcorder but know relatively nothing about them. I have a digital camera so don't need that feature, I also have a Mac which has firewire. I don't even know anything about the media you record on so if anyone can just point me in the right direction for information I would be grateful :)

Any views on this model? http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj...wo/nXIJV1c91Midl3G07R/2.3.0.3.30.10.2.1?49,26

2. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stuup,

Have a look over in the camcorder forums, they can be found by hovering your pointer over the bottom red arrow above.

that should be of some help

Taz.:cool:

3. stuup

stuup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Mac should have all the software that you need to start video capture/editing, - iMac 2
    what is your price-range for a camcorder? If you are looking for a budget camcorder, - £400-00 to £800-00 you won't find better than the Panasonic, and as you do not need the still photo facility, the NV-DS28B would suffice. However, for a little more, the NV-DS38B has analogue in/out as well as DV- in/out and is an exellent budget choice at the moment for £599-00
    In the mid-range camcorders, - £900-00 to £1500-00 there is not much to choose between the Sony, Canon, and Panasonic models as they are all of similar spec. and quality.
    Alan.