Info About DIg 8 camera Sony DCR-TR8000E?

emperor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello there

I have just bought what seems in spec a pretty decent quite oldish profficient model , (sony DCR-TR8000E) Camcorder.

Im struggling to find anyone , english who has owned one, but I just want to know have i bought a wrong un, (got on Ebay £110), or has it been a good investment. As im wanting to capture low light decent pictures for lightning and storms, and dusk and dawn shots.

I dont hold out too much hope of finding a previous owner as Its an earlyish Dig 8 Camera, and from the long list of many models by Sony alone in the last few years. Anyone with any information and experience with this camera will be most welcome. I know what it can do and the resolution im just wondering what are the pitfalls and pleasure of it in use :lease:

(Actually any experience with any early Sony DIg 8 Cam would be helpful)

Thankyou for any info
Andrew :D :D

have the TRV120 (same model but with flip out LCD rather than viewfinder only, the only grumble I ever had was the lack of manual or preset white balance, however having said that the camera usually coped well enough, I've intercut footage from this cam with footage from my DSR570 & my old AJD700 and people haven't noticed.

Well thanks Guys, interesting to know that no one really noticed the difference between that very expensive, DSR570, and my one Roy. To even be anywhere breathing in the same vein would be enough.

All in all i just look forward to a step up from my 8mm Samsung recorder, thanks once again, will be here in 2 days time for my birthday :clap: :thumbsup:

You can download handbooks (as PDF) free of charge fromt he Sony US website, apart from some format differences (NTSC, lower pixel CCDs for US version) you should get all the skinny you need.

Should you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, there are a couple of wee set up tweaks I use to gain full manual exposure control.

THen I would love to know them, :thumbsup: . I have already been looking at the Sony Website and since i been looking on Ebay, and found the Sony model i was looking at, would download the manual for more of a look, very handy! :D Just paid £110 for it this morning, going to buy some tapes now ,got any ideas which are decent tapes for it, and where to get them from. Al i see is the Fuji ones on Ebay, and one TDK at a horriffic price.
Is using the Hi 8 ones really that bad a quality?

THankyou :)

Ironically enough , I am thinking of Buying a broke TRV120E as a future project to fix, or maybe spares for my Camcorder, So would you or anyone know of anybody that could fix it??.

best Regards
ANdy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom