Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine

xit2050

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The package insert for the Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine manufactured by Novartis can be read here: Novartis_A-H1N1_2009_Monvalent_VaccinePackageInsert_BasedOn1980Approvalfor%20Fluvirin_UCM182242.pdf

The side effects listed:
*Local injection site reactions (including pain, pain limiting limb movement, redness, swelling, warmth, ecchymosis, induration)
*Hot flashes/flushes
*Chills
*Fever
*Malaise
*Shivering
*Fatigue
*Asthenia
*Facial edema.
*Immune system disorders
*Hypersensitivity reactions (including throat and/or mouth edema)
*In rare cases, hypersensitivity reactions have lead to anaphylactic shock and death
*Cardiovascular disorders
*Vasculitis (in rare cases with transient renal involvement)
*Syncope shortly after vaccination
*Digestive disorders
*Diarrhea
*Nausea
*Vomiting
*Abdominal pain.
*Blood and lymphatic disorders
*Local lymphadenopathy
*Transient thrombocytopenia.
*Metabolic and nutritional disorders
*Loss of appetite.
*Arthralgia
*Myalgia
*Myasthenia
*Nervous system disorders
*Headache
*Dizziness
*Neuralgia
*Paraesthesia
*Febrile convulsions
*Guillain-Barré Syndrome
*Myelitis (including encephalomyelitis and transverse myelitis)
*Neuropathy (including neuritis)
*Paralysis (including Bell’s Palsy)
*Respiratory disorders
*Dyspnea
*Chest pain
*Cough
*Pharyngitis
*Rhinitis
*Stevens-Johnson syndrome
*Pruritus
*Urticaria
*Rash (including non-specific, maculopapular, and vesiculobulbous

Swine flu shot anyone?

The package insert for the Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine manufactured by Novartis can be read here: Novartis_A-H1N1_2009_Monvalent_VaccinePackageInsert_BasedOn1980Approvalfor%20Fluvirin_UCM182242.pdf

The side effects listed:
*Local injection site reactions (including pain, pain limiting limb movement, redness, swelling, warmth, ecchymosis, induration)
*Hot flashes/flushes
*Chills
*Fever
*Malaise
*Shivering
*Fatigue
*Asthenia
*Facial edema.
*Immune system disorders
*Hypersensitivity reactions (including throat and/or mouth edema)
*In rare cases, hypersensitivity reactions have lead to anaphylactic shock and death
*Cardiovascular disorders
*Vasculitis (in rare cases with transient renal involvement)
*Syncope shortly after vaccination
*Digestive disorders
*Diarrhea
*Nausea
*Vomiting
*Abdominal pain.
*Blood and lymphatic disorders
*Local lymphadenopathy
*Transient thrombocytopenia.
*Metabolic and nutritional disorders
*Loss of appetite.
*Arthralgia
*Myalgia
*Myasthenia
*Nervous system disorders
*Headache
*Dizziness
*Neuralgia
*Paraesthesia
*Febrile convulsions
*Guillain-Barré Syndrome
*Myelitis (including encephalomyelitis and transverse myelitis)
*Neuropathy (including neuritis)
*Paralysis (including Bell’s Palsy)
*Respiratory disorders
*Dyspnea
*Chest pain
*Cough
*Pharyngitis
*Rhinitis
*Stevens-Johnson syndrome
*Pruritus
*Urticaria
*Rash (including non-specific, maculopapular, and vesiculobulbous

Swine flu shot anyone?

Given they are the side effects listed for the flu shot I have every year - then yes.

Given they are the side effects listed for the flu shot I have every year - then yes.

If you are younger than 65, having a flu shot every year is the worst thing you can do.
Your immune system hasn't been fighting anything for years... the moment you do get ill, you are in more danger than someone who never got a flu shot.

If you are younger than 65, having a flu shot every year is the worst thing you can do.
Your immune system hasn't been fighting anything for years... the moment you do get ill, you are in more danger than someone who never got a flu shot.

And your evidence for this is ?

And your evidence for this is ?

Every (honest!) doctor can tell you that an immune system that has been dormant for a long period, is less effective.
People that haven't been ill all their life and that consequently have an immune system that hasn't fought any illness for a very long period, can become very sick and even die of something that causes only a mild cold with others.

Last edited:
Every (honest!) doctor can tell you that an immune system that has been dormant for a long period, is less effective.
People that haven't been ill all their life and that consequently have an immune system that hasn't fought any illness for a very long period, can become very sick and even die of something that causes only a mild cold with others.

Surely the point of a vaccine is that is activates the immune system.

Surely the point of a vaccine is that is activates the immune system.

Off course, for that which against you have been vaccinated... and in the meantime the same vaccine destroys other defences that your immune system has built up itself naturally.

Last edited:
Influenza vaccines operate by injecting the skeletal remains of the virus into the body. This is basically the virus without it's mRNA payload (so it can't replicate).

The immune system can then recognise the surface antigens as foreign bodies, and learn to destroy these as they are found in body.

These surface receptors are unique to the different strains of virus.

H1N1 means that Haemogglutinin is type 1 and Neuraminidase is type 1. These are glycoprotein surface receptors on outer 'skeleton' (formed of M-Proteins/Matrix proteins) of the Influenza virus.

Side-effects will be down to how well the immune system copes. It will be different for everyone.

Most people who have the flu jab every year do so because they have a high risk of complications with a dose of real flu.
However they still have an immune system that kills off many other illnesses for which they have not been vaccinated for. So their immune system is not lying 'Dormant'. It has also been pointed out they get to fight a flu like disease every year without actually contracting it. This is one of the reasons that doctors think that the older generation have a 'natural' resistance to swine flu because they have already seen many other similar flu viruses. So having the flu jab every year has actually boosted their immune system.

Back to the original post, if you read the side effects for any drug you will see that they list a huge number of potential side effects that the vast majority of people will never have. Even paracetamol, ibuprofen cold remedies all have long lists of potential side effects.

-Neil

I traditionally suffer from Flu every December, I normally get it very bad (bed ridden for 4-5 days with not enough energy to even blink) proper flu :thumbsdow

My wife is due to give birth on 1/12 so I made the decision to get the flu jab this year as she will be reliant on me for many reasons. I also want to reduce the possibility of passing any nasty stuff to the newborn... I have to say, this is the only circumstance that I have considered a flu jab worthwhile, I believe (and my doctor also believe) that normally healthy people should not consider a flu jab, your system needs to get used to fighting these bugs which go around, it certainly puts you in a better position once something like swine flu is doing the rounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom