• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Infinity Ping

Allyjoh

Standard Member
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this recently i.e last week or so.

I got infinity installed nov 2011 - Service has been great.

My initial 7 days or so I would ping to a hosted ventrilo server at 8-9ms. Then after it settled down the ping went up to a 'shockingly high' 16ms :) Anyway I also play lord of the rings online quite a lot. This was pinging at around 20ms (eu server) then went up also to about 28-30ms.

Ok last week....we have since switched lord of the rings to connect to US servers it was pinging at aroun 105-120...ventrilo still 16-17...the last 3-4 days though with no disconnects my pings have all fallen back again to 8-9ms and at times 90ms for LOTRO.??

My bandwidth is still 38meg and 8meg up no change, same router, same pc nothing I have done has changed. I guess the only way to tell is do a traceroute I guess see if a node has been bypassed. Just wondering if anybody else has notice a lowering in pings this week? I am on the brentwood exchange in Essex btw.

buckle247

Established Member
Mine was originally around 15-18ms on speedtest with a line speed of 38mb. That dropped to a pretty poor 30ms ish with a speed of 30-33mb.
Lost connection for about 15mins the other day, when it came back it was back to 15ms and 38mb. Think I have been switched to the 17a profile, as the Openreach modem is now in sync at 53mb.

Allyjoh

Standard Member
weird - I am still pinging at 8-9ms to my hosted ventrilo server and getting 8-9ms connecting to london speedtest.net. I am not complaining of course but just odd. I guess round of applause for BT :)

Foster

Distinguished Member
I get around 15ms to the manchester server which I love :D

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom