Infinity Oreus question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jeggsy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. jeggsy

jeggsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question for ya all....

What connection type does the Infinty Oreus speaker have ??

Will it take banana-plugs or is it spade-terminal type ??

Cheers all

2. Beobloke

Beobloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    It has spade type terminals. It also has a very cunning system for hiding the speaker cable and terminations behind a plate, but the side effect of this is you can only use fairly thin speaker cable.

What else are you considering as well as this? The overall sound is quite pleasant but the subwoofer isn't up to much.

Adam.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    A nice lifestyle type setuo QED original will just squeeze in but cant fit covers IIRC also agree about sub not being the best you need to spend £300+ to go better.

4. jeggsy

jeggsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers people for the replys.. very useful info.

This will be my 1st proper AV setup so still learning at the moment and very open for all advice.

Me and the other-half were both drawn by the Oreus's looks and they also seemed to get a pretty good write-up from most sources so I am pretty set on this part of my setup. Will fit room well to !!!!

Not really finalised my Amp yet. Have got Denon 2805, Sony 795, Yamaha 750se on my lists at the moment. Always been a Sony man before now and that 795 amp has been getting good write-ups. But I am a bit tempted to spend a bit extra and go for the Yammy or Denon.

Want to get new DVD player with HDMI/DVI at same time and would like to keep the same make as my new amp, hence another reason for being undecided on my amp.

5. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

I've got the Infinity Oreus speakers coupled up to a Pioneer C501 amp...I reckon the subwoofer is great...really underpins the other speakers nicely, but kicks a*se when needed!! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Clive G

6. colinhare

colinhare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oreus rules. Great looks and sound. Try partnering them with a Harman Kardon amp. you will be very surprised.