Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Infinity Alpha 10/20/30/40/50/Centre/Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by MarkB, May 15, 2001.

1. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi.
    Anyone got/seen/heard these speakers? I'm going to upgrade my speakers and I'll probably go with these.
    Cheers
    Mark.

2. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard the Alpha 20's driven with an Onkyo A-807 85W rms integrated amp and they sounded pretty great apart from a slight harshness in the treble but I think that was because they had not been run in properly yet. As far as the sub goes, rather invest in REL, Velodyne or M&K. You may pay more for the sub but it will be worth it.

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Yes, I couldn't agree more. I've heard that the Alphas need time to run in before the harshness disappears. I intend to run with my Denon AVC-A1SE workhorse: Front: Alpha 50's, Surround and surround backs: Alpha 20's, Alpha Centre and REL Q400e subwoofer.
    Mark

4. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I had thought of getting these speakers because I think they are the best looking speakers I have seen. Problem is most stockists don’t sell them and ones that do don’t have them in store to listen too. So I was a bit apprehensive about buying them. But I will now

Just a couple of things to sort out now was thinking of the alpha 40s/10s/center and a rel Q150 as the sub. What do you think? Should I get the 50s/20s or maybe a different sub?

Plus black would go with my mahogany furniture but I love the beech ones decisions decisions

kit denon AVR 3802 receiver

Cheers:D