Infinite Prime GSM alarm with Three SIM

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by stever28, Jan 8, 2012.

1. stever28

stever28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, has anyone had any success using a Three sim in this alarm, I've tried both Tesco and Vodafone and they both work fine for sms in and out with a signal strength around 4/5. I bought a Three payg sim for the alarm so I can check the balance online and topup as necessary and because it's the strongest network here but I never get anything above zero in the sms signal test and sms's don't work. The Three sim works fine in a phone at the same position as the alarm panel, full signal with sms and voice calls both ways. It just seems like the alarm doesn't like the Three sim, I've tried doing a 'find modules' several times and even tried unplugging/plugging the gsm module but no joy, I can swap the Tesco and Voda sims as much as I like and it just works. Changed sms message centre numbers for each network but still Three has issues. Any ideas or experience appreciated, thanks.

Steve

2. stever28

stever28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    OK, all sorted. Apparently the gsm module won't work with either Three or T-Mobile, so I bought a Vodafone payg sim, programmed the sms message centre and it's working fine, plus I can check the balance and topup online when needed.