Inferno Pool - Play and Help Thread

phairplay

Plan to buy this tomorrow as it look like a great game to play with a few mates.

has anyone got it and what do you think?

derek1971

Bought it tonight and have had a quick play at 8 ball and 9 ball - really liking it. Haven't really tried inferno pool! Played one quick game against the AI and didn't really know what i was doing - guess i'll need to read the instructions.

I can see this being a game i lose a lot of time on - have always loved pool games since commodore 64 days onwards and this is the best one i've played yet.:thumbsup:

phairplay

can you play two player with one controller?

derek1971

Sorry - didn't notice if that was possible. At work just now but if no-one has confirmed by the time i get home i'll check and post back

phairplay

well i routed around hard in my pocket and brought it:D

i really like it and the online multiplayer give it last ability. If ppl ignore the video of the MUPPETS playing it and try it for themselves

Anyone that get this feel free to add me with a message saying Inferno Pool or AVF :)

derek1971

sorry for the delay in posting back - don't think you can do 2 player on 1 controller but you've probably worked that out if you bought it - glad you are enjoying it - add me if you like and we can have a match:thumbsup:

phairplay

sorry for the delay in posting back - don't think you can do 2 player on 1 controller but you've probably worked that out if you bought it - glad you are enjoying it - add me if you like and we can have a match:thumbsup:

i acquired a controller for the weekend:D But i really enjoyed the ofline and look forward to taking it online

Doctorb

The game is a bit scrappy on the rules, not sure how you get 'ranked' and the online lobby seems a little empty and too minimalistic. The game itself is fine, although way to easy even in pro settings.

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
i acquired a controller for the weekend:D But i really enjoyed the ofline and look forward to taking it online

What this like as I may get it?

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Anyone having problems inviting friends in this? Been trying for 30mins now.

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
great fun easy to pick up for £7 it's worth getting

Picked it up in the end and quite good fun.

I'm a bit slow in potting the balls in inferno even against level 1 AI :rolleyes:

Tazbot

Distinguished Member
Anyone know if I can share this game with my mates - it's something we do the odd times but I can't seem to source if when we all have the game (downloaded from my account) it will work together.

Great game btw, won quite a few 'quick' games ranked and un-ranked.

Inferno mode 'endurance' is madness. All I know is when 'Inferno' mode is activated the balls disappear quicker and don't come back :smashin:

You have to be dead quick lol - I've lasted 5 minutes so earned both the endurance trophies :smashin:

Doctorb

I think the game ranking system is broke. Was on 7-1 won/loss ratio yesterday and this morning it has changed to 6-2. The game I lost at first I thought I potted the wrong colour (then 9 ball) because it was logged as a loss, now i'm not so sure. To be honest I fluked a few games, but that's not really the point is it?

So either there's something wrong with the game or servers or someones altering the scores/cheating!

spudtator

Anyone having problems inviting friends in this? Been trying for 30mins now.

Been trying tonight with johnnybasement. Invite someone from your friends list. They accept the invite and nothing happens. We've both tried sending and accepting invites. Maybe teething troubles with online play. Hope it gets sorted soon.
If anyone's had any success, could you let us know please?

derek1971

Been trying tonight with johnnybasement. Invite someone from your friends list. They accept the invite and nothing happens. We've both tried sending and accepting invites. Maybe teething troubles with online play. Hope it gets sorted soon.
If anyone's had any success, could you let us know please?

Yeah mate, that was very frustrating. I played a few games of 8 ball after in the hope it would randomly match us up but obviously it didn't - i did manage to play a few games and even won a few!! Particularly enjoyed beating a charmingly named player "kickurarse2" twice in a row - maybe he needs to change his name to "geturarsekicked":rotfl::D:rotfl:

Hopefully the invite system will be sorted soon. Only other thing i don't like about it is that i have to turn the annoying background music off every time i boot it up - surely it should remember your settings or better still allow for custom soundtracks

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
Anyone managed to play any ranked games?

Played two player games that weren't ranked but game just hangs when searching for ranking match :confused:

spudtator

Anyone managed to play any ranked games?

Played two player games that weren't ranked but game just hangs when searching for ranking match :confused:

Is it actually hanging or are no players joining you?
I've played quite a few ranked games but usually have to wait ages for someone to join.
Game's not hung on me yet.

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
Is it actually hanging or are no players joining you?
I've played quite a few ranked games but usually have to wait ages for someone to join.
Game's not hung on me yet.

Never joins a table, can't remember the message I get.

theboyrob

the physics are great but:

- Why is there only one very annoying music track? I end up turning it off and playing nearly in silence.
- The online mode is far too limited. No chance to set best of so many frames, can't set a time limit which would be useful. Even on veteran the aiming system is far too easy.
- Why does it send me back to the lobby after a game, doesn't give me the option of playing the same player again.
- I am struggling to see the difference between Quick Match and Custom
- Only seems to be one AI player.
- No Choice of venues.

I know this is a cheap PSN game so can't complain too much but the above things, even being so simple would make the game 200% better as the physics and feel of the game are very good.

If they could also add a patch to add a snooker option as it would make a great snooker sim!

Marv

Got this on friday and think its great for a quick blast online, its quite satisfying when you make a come back and pot 8 balls in a row after your openent has missed a shot.

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
Got this on friday and think its great for a quick blast online, its quite satisfying when you make a come back and pot 8 balls in a row after your openent has missed a shot.

I keep seeing you online with this but haven't worked out how to send an invite :suicide:

Will pm you if you know how to :smashin:

Marv

Okay man, i'll pm you when i'am on later and send you one. I usually play 8 ball pool.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Harman Luxury Audio Group releases updated MusicLife app
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Q Acoustics announces Q Active app availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL introduces Roku smart TVs for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco Audio introduces new N100-H50 digital music library