1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infernal Affairs Slight audio problem

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Random Hajile, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi just got hold of the UK version of this today and noticed while watching that the audio on the cantonese DTS and DD 5.1 tracks, the sound drops out at 1.22.02-1.22.05 comes back and drops again at 1.22.07-1.22.10 and plays fine after that. The english dub track plays fine through this point and was wondering if anyone else gets this or is it just a dud disc? Tries it on a pioneer dvd player and my pc both exactly the same fault. Debating whether to send it back to play or not and try my luck with another disc.

2. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I have UK version too.
    I have only watched it in DTS cantonese (eng subs) and no problems.
    I will take it to my bro's (he has a pioneer dvd player 565) to see if it happens with him but i think you might have a dud disc.
    Replace it from Play (they sometimes get duff batches - this was their explanation when i had to return a Freeloader disc to them ...I eventually opted for a refund as the replacements also wouldn't work with my Gamecube. The advantage with Play is that they have a BRilliant customer service so you shouldn't have any provblems there).
    Bear in mind that simply a dirty disc could cause this as well - give it a clean too...

(it's a GREAT film btw isn't it :thumbsup: ?)

3. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks for the reply the disc has no dust or scratches on what so ever and tried it in my xbox as well and does the same. I`ll give play a ring and ask for a swap. Thanks again and yes it`s definately one of the best films i`ve seen in a while. Great DTS track to boot aswell.

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Just watched the region 2 rental version, fantastic film with great audio and video. No audio drop out probs at all. Will be buying region 0 from CD wow for £8.99!

5. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Got my replacement today and does exactly the same thing :mad: I don`t know what to do now. I tried it on a couple of more dvd players and exactly the same thing. Is anyone sure they aint getting this?

6. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Can anyone double check this for me please as i`m gonna phone play up and send this 2nd one back. With 2 discs i`ve recieved having the exact same fault it`s either a authoring fault or a faulty batch play have in. Much appreciated if someone can double check to see if it`s worth while going for a 3rd disc.

7. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I rented this film from Blockbuster (free months rental, soon to be cancelled as not v good) and the DTS audio dropouts occurred at the same times you specify. Would appear to be a disc problem.

8. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks rosemanbridge, looks like a authoring fault then. I`ll probably opt for a refund or might go for the import version.

9. Stanleh

Stanleh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Actually i just rented this from blockbuster too, i will watch it either tonight or tommorow and let you know if i get drop outs on the dts soundtrack.