1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infernal Affairs 7.99

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by sh18, May 24, 2005.

1. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hey, i was looking in my local virgin megastore during my lunch break today and saw they are selling off the tartan extreme edition of infernal affairs with the special edition slipcase for 7.99, pretty good bargain, ive always wanted to see this film being a big fan of hong kong cinema but didnt have time to buy it :(
    ill be definately be going back tomorrow to pick this up :)

2. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Was it in the 3 for £20? i seen 2 that i wanted but was looking for a third this would be ideal.

3. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    It's £7.99 at Blah and Play as well.

4. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    wasnt it the 3 for 20 sale, was with some others that were price individually

5. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    ps if its the same instore aswell as on play.com then id prefer to buy a copy and have it in my hands (you know what i mean)

thanks for recommending play though just found a load of decent asia extreme titles ive been looking for cheap eg Tale of Two Sisters 2 Disc set for 7.99 Bargain!

6. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know I've posted this before, but if you like these films look at www.dvdfromkorea.com they have the trilogy (all remastered both in PQ and sound) in limited edition package for a great price.
    Its a fabulous set, and customs friendly as well :thumbsup:

7. belgrade

belgrade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Edinburgh, I'm really very tempted to get the Infernal Affairs boxset you mention.
    I have only seen the first film, which I really enjoyed. I thought it was a fantastic film, best I have seen in a long while. :thumbsup:

However, how do the other films in the series fare? :confused:
    Are they as good as the first, or am I likely to be disappointed?

If the other films are good, I will be very tempted, especially considering the customs friendly aspect. Do they state this on thier website?

Does anybody know a good (cheap) place to find the 9 disk R3 version of the boxset?

8. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    There is no 9-disc version -- I guess you mean the 8-disc one which is now OOP. You won't find that anywhere cheap. HK Flix still have some, but they want $300 for it...

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.532486/qx/details.htm

As for IA2 and IA3, they're no-where near as good as the first one, but worth watching.

Regarding DVDfromKorea being customs friendly, they give you options which will help you avoid customs during checkout. I've made several orders with them that were well over the limit, and none of them have been charged.

9. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Out of interest.....do you choose the "Downsized value marking with standard invoice" or the "Downsized value marking with downsized invoice"?

Just wondering if customs will sometimes open them and check the invoices....I did choose the later a few days ago when I placed an order for a boxset and a few singles ($70 order) just to be safe but would prefer not to have the invoice downsized if it didn't matter.

10. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    You'd be well advised to get the marked-down invoice included. Customs will open things if they suspect the value on the box to be wrong, and they'll go by whatever's on the invoice.