InFamous - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant wait till thursday to try the demo out, then if i like it, it will be decision time on where to get it and which version standard or collectors edition, especially since gamestation are doing uncharted beta with both versions:thumbsup:

An extra power and a nice book. I've pre-ordered the standard:)

yeah i might order the standard one as well dont no if it worth it £5 for one extra power from scratch and a comic which will prob be only couple of pages

....and of course a prettier box! Am I the only one swayed by such things? Not that I'm buying the special edition of this game, but if there's a game I want and a tin edition/pretty edition I'll always end up getting that one :rolleyes:

....and of course a prettier box! Am I the only one swayed by such things? Not that I'm buying the special edition of this game, but if there's a game I want and a tin edition/pretty edition I'll always end up getting that one :rolleyes:

Your not on your own. I have gone for the same one. It only cost me £39.99 from shopto. So it's the same price as buying it new in the shops. I'm just a sucker for this sort of stuff. :rolleyes:

no i normally buy the ce of games, if it was uncharted2, gow3, cod:mw2, gt5, or something like that then i would have bought the ce, but since not played infamous yet not to sure id be that bothered just for a extra power and prob a 10 page comic, for me the icing on the cake is the uncharted beta code, now if sony was clever they would have just put the codes with the collectors edition and then they would have sold a load of ce boxes

3 reviews so far on gamespot.

ign/9.2-10
gameinformer/9-10
official ps3 magazine/9-10

so it looks like it could be a great game.think i,ll part ex resident evil5 for this.

Looking forward to the demo tonight!

Does anyone know if you only get the Uncharted 2 beta with the game if you pre order with play.com or anywhere else doing it?

I heard HMV and Gamestation are also doing it, but haven't seen it with my own eyes. All the same price though.

Yup just checked on both websites and they are giving the beta away to those who pre order.

3 reviews so far on gamespot.

ign/9.2-10
gameinformer/9-10
official ps3 magazine/9-10

so it looks like it could be a great game.think i,ll part ex resident evil5 for this.
Those scores put me off - surely anything less than 10/10 isn't worth playing? I mean how many 9/10 games have we played that have been rubbish? I bet it would have been better if it was a Wii exclusive :thumbsdow

:rotfl: assume that your are being sarcastic there Stinja... Aren't you? :rolleyes:

Those scores put me off - surely anything less than 10/10 isn't worth playing? I mean how many 9/10 games have we played that have been rubbish? I bet it would have been better if it was a Wii exclusive :thumbsdow

9/10 is better then 5/10

the only game i thought was way overrated was fable 2,that imo was pretty crap.
yet it got 8.5 /10

also gta 4/which was no way a 10/10.

but 3 reviews so far all 9+.

thats a definate for me.

Those guys at Eurogamer have given it a modest 7/10

LINK

...I wonder if they actually played this one through?

From what I've played in the demo I'd say 7 rather than 9 (though obviously the demo is only a demo and I shouldn't judge it totally yet). I do also think IGN tend to score things quite high (unless they are really bad e.g. leisure suit larry).

Been playing the promo today, gotta say..kinda underwhelmed so far. Intro is a little off in terms of story. Cole's voice is seriously irritating, kinda like a rejected Snake tryout. Right now it feels like a GTA-lite mod, you know where someone has replaced all the weapons with lightning? I know that's an obvious statement but there's something really hollow about this game.

I'll give it a thorough goin over in the next day or so, if Demon's Souls will let me...LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom