Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Inexplicable playback problem - help please!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Che Grimandi, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Che Grimandi

Che Grimandi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Sony DAV-SR4W Home Cinema system (6 months old) and a Pioneer DVR-420H DVD Recorder.

I recently purchased Oceans 12 on DVD and put it in the Sony Player. I immediately experienced stuttering whilst it played the menu introduction and then lengthy freezing, stuttering and skipping forward by several minutes in the actual film. I then tried playing the disc in the Pioneer system and it was fine. I took the disc back and purchased from a totally separate retailer (in case it was a faulty batch) and tried again and the same problem occured.

Why would a disc play fine in a cheap recorder but not in a very expensive home cinema system?

Out of all the DVDs I own I have never experienced this playback problem before on the sony system (except for The Return of the King).

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks