Inexpensive NAS to run Logitech media server?

witters

I'm new to the idea of a NAS. basically I need one with 2TB of storage and which is able to run Logitech media server. I wish to access my music files via various slim devices without my laptop being on.

Any recommendations very much appreciated

cjed

About the cheapest ones I know of are the Zyxel NSA-310, NSA-320 and NSA-325. The NSA-310 is a single drive unit, the 320 and 325 are dual drive NAS boxes.

You can get the NSA-310 from CCL for less than £40 delivered. Add a 2TB drive (around £70) and the total is around £110.

It runs LMS 7.7.1, it doesn't come pre-installed, but is a downlodable package (you can download and install it from the NAS admin web pages).

It's not the fastest NAS, but is easily up to running LMS and streaming to a few squeezeboxes. It's also a little noisy (has a fan).

witters

About the cheapest ones I know of are the Zyxel NSA-310, NSA-320 and NSA-325. The NSA-310 is a single drive unit, the 320 and 325 are dual drive NAS boxes.

You can get the NSA-310 from CCL for less than £40 delivered. Add a 2TB drive (around £70) and the total is around £110.

It runs LMS 7.7.1, it doesn't come pre-installed, but is a downlodable package (you can download and install it from the NAS admin web pages).

It's not the fastest NAS, but is easily up to running LMS and streaming to a few squeezeboxes. It's also a little noisy (has a fan).

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom