Inevitable 4K restoration of James Bond movies are being worked on

pj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With the sad passing of Roger Moore comes the news that there will be screenings of spy who loved me and for your eyes only, brand new 4K versions
we all knew the day would come (rebuy that box set we havent even opened yet!)

All the pre-Craig EON Bond movies had 4K DCPs available a year or two back. And Spy who Loved Me actually has the new transfer on the current Blu-ray, it doesn't utilise the older Lowry master.

But I will still buy the HELL out of a 4K boxset when it duly arrives. :)

Here is the press release in full
IMG_5138.jpg

With the sad passing of Roger Moore comes the news that there will be screenings of spy who loved me and for your eyes only, brand new 4K versions
we all knew the day would come (rebuy that box set we havent even opened yet!)

You may not have opened it but I most certainly have. :) Joking aside they'll do me. No 4K upgrades for me.

Bri

All the pre-Craig EON Bond movies had 4K DCPs available a year or two back. And Spy who Loved Me actually has the new transfer on the current Blu-ray, it doesn't utilise the older Lowry master.

When you say the "current" Bluray are you saying it's different to the one in the Bond 50 set?

Last edited:
Buuuuuump.

Was watching Live and Let Die on itv the other day and made it to the end of the credits and it reminded seeing the '4k Lowry' bit that they need to get a bloomin' shift on and get these out on 4K UHD blu-ray pronto!!!

Sighs Roger Moore was my favourite bond and For Your Eyes Only remains my favourite Bond film by a country mile.

I am very happy with my Blu-ray copies and remember being amazed old films could look so good (til I read up about film stock throughout the ages). I've watched them all of course just as I watched the dvd set I imported from Aus when it was way cheaper to do so even with shipping!

I'll wait till reviews come out for the 4k but I suspect I'll buy them if there is a Roger Moore box set option!

Hmm, just another Spectre watch away from having rewatched all the Daniel Craig movies again on Blu-ray. As the others don't hold as much interest, especially not the latter Pierce Brosnan ones, I may skip this as it will inevitably cost a fortune...

Buuuuuump.

Was watching Live and Let Die on itv the other day and made it to the end of the credits and it reminded seeing the '4k Lowry' bit that they need to get a bloomin' shift on and get these out on 4K UHD blu-ray pronto!!!
That would require MGM actually giving a shit about 4K Blu-ray. 4K itself, sure. 4K Blu-ray, lol no.

If we're lucky things might change by the time Bond 25 is released in 18 months or so....

That would require MGM actually giving a sh*t about 4K Blu-ray. 4K itself, sure. 4K Blu-ray, lol no.

If we're lucky things might change by the time Bond 25 is released in 18 months or so....
14 months to go!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom