Industry on BBC

BrianAtlantic

Novice Member
Reaction score
Anyone been watching the new series on BBC 'Industry'.

It's about a group of young people working in the banking sector in London. It's compulsive viewing and really sucks you in.
It's worth a look.

Although I think it attempts to shock a bit too much, the sex scenes are OTT in my view, I wouldn’t hesitate in naming it in the top 3 shows of the year. For those of you old enough, its very much like the 90’s BBC show This Life .... but probably better. Very well acted and the music is great. Reminds me also of Succession ... as all of the characters are loathsome .... but obviously not as good as that ... very few shows are.

Frankly amazed that it only got its own thread a few hours ago.

Last edited:
Having worked in the City in the past, some of the characters in the drama definitely remind me of people that I encountered during my career, the sort of people that you wouldn’t discharge your bladder on if they burst in flames in front of you.

I read somewhere that the series is based on the workings of JP Morgan. No idea if that‘s true, but it certainly captures aspects of the merchant banking culture that I experienced and witnessed.

Yeah it's been great so far :smashin:

Good fun.....
I worked in that environment back in the early 2000s in the capital..
Can relate to some of it.. Crazy stuff going on
We sadly had suicide attempts, bullying, drug abuse and of course shady dealing.
Remember going to see one client who was having sex in front of us as me and my colleagues walked in. He left the door open for us to enter.
Eric steals the show for me. Terrific performance.

9/10.

Just found this but really enjoying it 9/10 also

Good fun.....
I worked in that environment back in the early 2000s in the capital..
Can relate to some of it.. Crazy stuff going on
We sadly had suicide attempts, bullying, drug abuse and of course shady dealing.
Remember going to see one client who was having sex in front of us as me and my colleagues walked in. He left the door open for us to enter.
Eric steals the show for me. Terrific performance.

9/10.

Totally agree that Eric steals the show ... that actor is always great.

Totally agree that Eric steals the show ... that actor is always great.
Wish he was in it more... completely bonkers
"Are you cattle?" (When he sees the nose ring) :D

Although I think it attempts to shock a bit too much, the sex scenes are OTT in my view, I wouldn’t hesitate in naming it in the top 3 shows of the year. For those of you old enough, its very much like the 90’s BBC show This Life .... but probably better. Very well acted and the music is great. Reminds me also of Succession ... as all of the characters are loathsome .... but obviously not as good as that ... very few shows are.

Frankly amazed that it only got its own thread a few hours ago.

This Life?? I must check that one out.

:D :D

Enjoyed this series & one of the year's TV highlights. Hope there's a S2.

fudge Bitcoin :D

The last two episodes were the weakest, to my mind, but the ending suggests that another series might surface at some point.

The last two episodes were the weakest, to my mind, but the ending suggests that another series might surface at some point.

I was shocked to see they brought Eric back!
Also, kind of warming to Robert as a character.

Fingers crossed for a second season.

Thanks for letting us know about this series - been watching it over the last few days and thought it was quite good.

Like the comments above, glad about Eric returning :smashin:
Didn't really warm to the Harper character. She falsified her way onto the team, betrayed the person who covered it up for her, bragged about her pay when specifically told not to and didn't really seem to do much other than lose money and wander around being entitled. Did I miss something? 🤔

I suppose her betrayal of Daria actually showed some initiative albeit a nasty side to her personality.

...of course, perhaps that's the point, we are not supposed to like bankers/financiers 😂

Anyway, a good series overall and I would certainly watch a second season if one emerges.

Apparently this series has been picked up for a second season. :smashin:

Second series back on BBC2 tonight or/and all episodes available on iPlayer already

Second series back on BBC2 tonight or/and all episodes available on iPlayer already
2nd season was even better than Season 1. Loved it. However, it was a very bad call naming the show Industry .... it just doesn't fit the TV show at all.

It's in UHD on i-player.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Watched series one but cannot remember if I liked it enough to do it again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom