Indoor satellite dish/pipe antenna.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Dessz, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Dessz

Dessz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Issue - Trying to get an indoor satellite dish, to allow me to receive Sky. Note I am in a block of flats and thus not allowed an externally mounted dish.
    Used to have ITV digital, but sadly since their demise have been Skyless.

Looking at various sites etc not been able to find an indoor satellite dish that would receive Sky. Generally consensus seems to be satellite dishes are not good for indoor use.

But have recently seen the following site
    http://www.digicams-uk.com/prod236.htm

This is advertising a pipe antenna as opposed to a dish, which claims to be of use indoors.

Have looked further on the web but found very limited info on this product.

Does anybody have experience (good or bad of this product).

Cheers,

Dessz

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  3. Dessz

Dessz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip Lynx,

Do you know if the pipe antenna can indeed be used indoors. I would be interested in getting feedback from anybody who has experience of the pipe guide or any indoor antenna for Satellite reception.

Have contacted the sales dept at Digi cam and asked about any restrictions in terms of performance when used indoors. But no response - yet.

Cheers

Dessz

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They won't be able to tell you. It depends on the microwave attenuation properties of your window glass and the angle at which you view the satellite through the glass.

The only way to find out is to try it. Best bet is to get hold of a 60cm dish with "universal" LNB and connect it up. If that works really well then a "pipe" *might* work. If the 60cm dish doesn't work then a "pipe" certainly won't.

Fman