Indoor Aerial that really works anyone?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Faust, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +759
    Does anyone know of a dead cert indoor aerial? I live in a good signal area for both analogue and Freeview. However, I am trying to pick up a signal at the rear of the house and to be honest the portable is struggling. So far I have tried an amplified One for All especially designed for Digital antenna which didn't work for Freeview, and I'm now trying a One for All amplified "flat" antenna designed for analogue and Digital and whilst it works with analogue there's a fair bit of snow too. If I've to go to Maplins once more I'm going in disguise. :confused:

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    What you have proven is that Freeview needs a good aerial to work correctly, indoor aerials will never replace external aerials. A ggod external aerial need not cost a lot, once you have a bit of DIY in you.
    This one proved a great hit with the people next door to me. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=47022&doy=29m12

3. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +759
    Not bothered about Freeview, quite happy with analogue as it's only for the breakfast room. I don't want another aerial on the house, two plus a Sky dish is quite enough. If I did want one outside then a pan lid would suffice as the signal is so good, that's the annoying thing really.

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    Why not run a lead from one of your existing aerials through a splitter?

5. dsgafs

dsgafs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    im using one of these http://***********/ylyk4l

I used this for many a year for normal analogue TV and the reception was excellent on all five channels.

Recently aldi had a freeview receiver for £22, so it was worth a go to see if i could receive freeview using an indoor aerial, sure enough the aerial is spot on and freeview is working well with the aerial.

However, whether or not freeview will work in your area with an indoor aerial only find out by trying. All i can say is if your getting clear analogue pictures with your current indoor aerial them it may work; otherwise i think its unlikely, whatever indoor aerial you have.

Im lucky, but i know plenty of others where an indoor aerial works, Argos also have a few aerials in the same price range with amplifiers which apparently work well.