Question Indoor Aerial any good?

I've had similar problem, no arial in the master bedroom, and rented property so don't want to drill holes through.

I bought that one quoted above for Digital freeview, magnetic base. It didn't work stand alone and was very poor when stuck to the RAD (which was recommended). Turns out I don't live in a strong Digital TV area.

SO I'm going to buy that stick on arial that was posted to see if I can just pick up basic TV channels on FM (away from digital).

Turns out I don't live in a strong Digital TV area.
SO I'm going to buy that stick on arial that was posted
Good idea. Throw good money after bad. In a poor signal area you need a properly designed aerial, and probably mounted outside at rooftop level!

Talk to your Landlord and get them to install an aerial feed into the bedroom... other tenants will likely want it, too, so it will be a future 'selling point'.

to see if I can just pick up basic TV channels on FM (away from digital).
In the UK all TV is now digitally broadcast, so I've no idea what you are hoping to pick up. FM is the modulation method used for analogue radio on the VHF band II (88-108 MHz).

Good idea. Throw good money after bad. In a poor signal area you need a properly designed aerial, and probably mounted outside at rooftop level!

Talk to your Landlord and get them to install an aerial feed into the bedroom... other tenants will likely want it, too, so it will be a future 'selling point'.

Yes, you're right. I've got a Sky Dish on the same side, so would it make more sense to just upgrade to a bigger LNB and just run a sat cable through the wall instead?

In the UK all TV is now digitally broadcast, so I've no idea what you are hoping to pick up. FM is the modulation method used for analogue radio on the VHF band II (88-108 MHz).

Oh is it? I didn't now, shows how upto date I keep!

That scraps that then.

I've not checked in the loft, as of yet, and there is a coax ariel socket downstairs, however when I plugged my TV into it, it didn't get any signal, so I just presumed there wasn't anything connected to it!

None of the house (newbuilds) here have external aerials.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MrM: You should get your own thread for specific advice on your location and issues rather than hijacking MrMister111's... Talk to your Landlord about the way forward and what you are permitted to do.

Going to try and do advice from above, ie plug in TV to a wall aerial, then try the window aerial. If not I'll send back and have to have a rethink, ie pay for a new aerial from loft or something...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom