Individual LOTR titles now £7.99 each from Amazon and HMV

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Now £7.99 each at HMV :smashin:

£5.99 each or all 3 for £18 and I will give in.

I think the boxset must be heading for the famous £17.99 very soon :)

Also waiting for the 17.99 boxset, but funny that hmv has that for £39.99 still! So £26 for a cardboard slip case!

Also waiting for the 17.99 boxset, but funny that hmv has that for £39.99 still! So £26 for a cardboard slip case!

£24 + £26 = £50 :D

These are now £6.95 each at base.com

:eek: at the rate these are falling at.

Also at dvd.co.uk.

I didn't want to get these but if they come down to £6 each or £18 for all then I will.

Very good prices!!! i was looking to trade for the box set but might as well go and buy them each for that price:smashin:

I'm tempted, but they are showing the LOTR trilogy on C4 HD, one each week, starting tonight (Saturday 22nd May). It isn't quite the same, but near enough to allow me to wait until prices reach rock-bottom, maybe even until the EE.

I'm tempted, but they are showing the LOTR trilogy on C4 HD, one each week, starting tonight (Saturday 22nd May). It isn't quite the same, but near enough to allow me to wait until prices reach rock-bottom, maybe even until the EE.

Well yeah if upscaled is fine then staying with DVD is the way to go as well:)

The fellowship of the ring looks quite good on C4. I only wanted to pay £20 for the set but I've given in and paid the extra 85p lol. They have to be bought. I only hope I get them this time after what happened with the Amazon market place trader.

Christ, that's some drop in price!

If this is what happens when the picture quality and extras are bad, can we all agree that Saving Private Ryan and Minority Report are awful releases and watch the price drop? :D

Christ, that's some drop in price!

If this is what happens when the picture quality and extras are bad, can we all agree that Saving Private Ryan and Minority Report are awful releases and watch the price drop? :D

PQ is not that bad. Sure, the first film is softer than the other two but so is the DVD (both theatrical and EE).

I can't see how they can come up extras that are not on any of the DVD releases as there is so many.

Very good prices!!! i was looking to trade for the box set but might as well go and buy them each for that price:smashin:

Me Too ... though I was forced to buy one at a time ..on three separate orders from base.com.

When I discovered that an order that contained all three gave considerably higher prices for the second and third Blus in the order after that reasonable price for the first I had to close down my web connection and re-enter before I could erase the first Pricey Order and make three separate orders at £6.95 each.

I suspect an Amazon type pricing error here. I'm not a fanatic of Lord of the Rings but at less than £7 each .. why not? And the Battle scenes are supposed to be stupendous ... well, we will see ... assuming that the order is successful that is. :devil:

Be careful though .. had I not double checked that first order I'd have been in a world of complications and troubles.

Now let that be a lesson, that EIV's prices get dropped faster than a fat girl on prom night.

Anyone who ordered LOTR at £6.95 from base/dvd.co.uk etc had the disks ship? Mine has been in 'In Dispatch' status for 4 days now. The sellers prices for these more than doubled after two days and I'm wondering if this was another misprice.

Anyone who ordered LOTR at £6.95 from base/dvd.co.uk etc had the disks ship? Mine has been in 'In Dispatch' status for 4 days now. The sellers prices for these more than doubled after two days and I'm wondering if this was another misprice.

My order is the same. I ordered from DVD.co.uk on sat and they are still at the in dispatch stage. My card has been charged for them already even though they have not been dispatched yet. I also noticed that they have put the price up. I also noticed that for the fellowship and the return of the king it is now saying that they are in stock but dispatched in 4-6 days, yet when I placed my order it said 24-48 hours. I will wait 6 days (so another 3 days) and if they are not showing as dispatched I will call up. I'm begining to think that I should have just ordered them from amazon/hmv and paid the extra £3.

Edit: Just recieved an email from dvd.co.uk saying that my order has been succesfully processed and that and that the discs will shortly be dispatched by first class post from their warehouse:) Will be even happier when they have been dispatched.

Last edited:
Was tempted by the deal but id end up selling them when they release the extended versions, dont know why they didnt release the extended at the same time and give peeps the choice but no doubt its to do with trying to get peeps to double dip and give them more money :thumbsdow

My Base.com L of the R Blus arrived this morning as one delivery of three separate little brown cardboard boxes bound together with the Official Post Office Red Rubber Band.

I think that I can manage without the box sets card sleeve and if I want something really unusual to stand out from the rest of the Blues on their Ikea billy bookcase shelves I suppose that I could always just leave the trilogy in the delivery packaging. :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom