Indie Game: The Movie

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Documentary set to premiere at The Sundance Film Festival called 'Indie Game: The Movie', about video games, their creators and the craft. The film follows the dramatic journeys of video game developers as they create and release their games to the world.

The film tells the emotional story of friends Edmund McMillen & Tommy Refenes, as they craft their first Xbox game: “Super Meat Boy”. It follows Phil Fish, the creator of the highly-anticipated game: “FEZ”. After 4 years of working in near solitude, Phil reveals his opus to the public for the first time. And, the film tells the surprising story of one of the highest-rated video games of all time: ”Braid”.

The film is about making video games, but at its core, it’s about the creative process, and exposing yourself through your work. In short: Making fun and games is anything but fun and games.

Trist

raigraphixs said:
Documentary set to premiere at The Sundance Film Festival called 'Indie Game: The Movie', about video games, their creators and the craft. The film follows the dramatic journeys of video game developers as they create and release their games to the world.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhaT78i1x2M

Bought this on iTunes the other day. Started watching the first 15 minutes, really enjoyed the opening. Looking forward to the rest tomorrow. Worth a look I recon if you've got an interest in gaming.

Trist

Finished watching, really enjoyed it. Certainly made Indie game development seem like a stressful past time! XBLA is probably the best feature of the Xbox 360, I've had so much enjoyment from the games I've bought on there. Will have to check out Fez now too!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom