Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbooks)

Dear Lord... Zavvi despatched it and Hermes are delivering it... I can't think of a worse recipe for disaster in the form of dented cases and damaged boxes.

shudders

Dreading seeing what state mine will arrive in....

Last edited:
Don't worry, it'll be fine... :D

Hermes.gif

Mine arrived today, no damage by Hermes, but the quality of this set is pretty bad for the price.

The cardboard box is fairly flimsy and the discs are just plain text. I might end up discarding the box to save space.

There is £20 off £100 voucher for Zavvi so down to £110

Mine arrived today, no damage by Hermes, but the quality of this set is pretty bad for the price.

The cardboard box is fairly flimsy and the discs are just plain text. I might end up discarding the box to save space.
same with me, feel a bit underwhelmed given the cost, I was expecting a "tin" box (dunno why) to hold the steels like LOTR . But the actual individual designs look OK to me. Good to see great reviews and that softens the financial blow I suppose.

Mine also arrived from Hermes today. As expected, the outer cardboard box housing the steelbooks was damaged down the right hard side and slightly at the top but the steelbooks themselves were, thankfully, in mint condition. There was no damage to the box but it was only just bigger than the boxset so there was nothing protecting it from being slightly crushed during transit. Which is exactly what I was expecting.

While the steelbooks themselves are quite nice, if a little basic in terms of design, with a glossy finish, the package overall feels cheap and nasty, thanks to that flimsy outer box that holds the set. Quite how anyone is supposed to get a mint condition one from Zavvi of all companies is a mystery but compared with the Batman, Hobbit and LOTR boxsets which came in well-made solid premium tin cases, this one feels lazy and rushed with no effort put into making something premium and desirable. I will be emailing Paramount to express my thoughts on this cash-grab and the lacklustre box. Love the movies but this is definitely NOT worth £130 in my book.

Does anyone know the email address to contact Paramount about this boxset? I know they'll just ignore it because it'll sell well regardless but I still feel I should voice my dissatisfaction at the quality of this steelbook set, especially at the £130 price point. Thanks.

Does anyone know the email address to contact Paramount about this boxset? I know they'll just ignore it because it'll sell well regardless but I still feel I should voice my dissatisfaction at the quality of this steelbook set, especially at the £130 price point. Thanks.

Here you go.

[email protected]

I don’t have the steelbook set but it does look like a cheapskate effort. Contrast It with the BTTF “time circuits“ box and the difference is staggering. The standard Indy set is pretty rubbish too. At least the transfers look top drawer, which Is the most important thing, but the whole package is lacking particularly at that price point…

An alternative to email would be Twitter or Facebook. An email is easy to ignore but a post on their social media is there for all to see. Please post back here if you do get a reply.

I received my copy of the French release today and have to agree that the outer box is of very poor quality and construction. Flimsy is the word. The steelbooks were undamaged, but the box was bent both on top and bottom. The steelbooks are nice, though. I wondered where the collectible cards were, turns out they'd been put inside the Raiders-steelbook.

At a price of 114 Euros it is an embarrassing effort. I can't believe Lucasfilm/Paramount released this. I expected much more.

I haven't watched the movies yet, so can't comment on the transfers. If they are as good as reported I would say that the box is still worth it, but only barely.

I actually received a response to my email complaint to Paramount Home Entertainment a week or so back regarding the extremely poor quality of the outer cardboard packaging housing the (overpriced) steelbooks and this is what they said:

Quote: "Hi,

Apologies for the issue you are experiencing. Please, inform us with the below:

1. Recipient
  2. Shipping Address
  3. UPC code
Thanks,

PHE
"

I honestly was not expecting any reply at all but I'm genuinely puzzled as to what it is they are asking for here. Maybe they think I ordered it directly for them?

I actually received a response to my email complaint to Paramount Home Entertainment a week or so back regarding the extremely poor quality of the outer cardboard packaging housing the (overpriced) steelbooks and this is what they said:

1. Recipient
  2. Shipping Address
  3. UPC code
Thanks,

PHE
"

I honestly was not expecting any reply at all but I'm genuinely puzzled as to what it is they are asking for here. Maybe they think I ordered it directly for them?
Got to hate those type of replies where they clearly did not read your email. Hopefully the next response will be a bit more useful.

1. Recipient
  2. Shipping Address
  3. UPC code
Thanks,

PHE
"

I have a feeling they think you complained because it is damaged, so they might send you an extra copy...

How about
Even with 25% off you can’t polish a turd!
How about at 40% off currently? Just ordered. As it comes in at £79.99 delivered, which is same price as the ordinary discs, I thought it was a good deal now.

If they were nice Steelbooks then i'd have been tempted at the 40% off. £80 = approx £27 a Steelbook so becoming reasonable.

White Steelbooks though. :eek: For Indy :confused::facepalm:

If they were nice Steelbooks then i'd have been tempted at the 40% off. £80 = approx £27 a Steelbook so becoming reasonable.

White Steelbooks though. :eek: For Indy :confused::facepalm:
You mean £20 a steelbook, or are you pretending Crystal Skull doesn't exist?

You mean £20 a steelbook, or are you pretending Crystal Skull doesn't exist?
I'm not pretending. I have no need or desire to watch that Turkey ever again so it's literally a dead weight.

Hence waiting for a price that makes sense for 3 movies.

I'll stick with my Bluray steels and eventually pick up the 4K discs cheap.

The outer box for these is really poor as are the steels

Ordered even though I wasn't interested in these steelbooks. I had a target price of £40 for the boxset, Amazon not close at £56 although I think Amazon Spain was around £40.
£46 with postage for the steels is a decent price or just under £45 if TCB pays out (they normally do with Zavvi even when using a code).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom