Indian talent show NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH

denzyl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Have you seen this set of nutters of an Indian talent show it starts off with them smashing and the eating flurescent lights (well it is a ''light entertainment show'':D) then it develops into being hit with hammers/mallets and then having paving slabs smashed all over your body and then the carnage increases just look at the judges expressions

HERE IS THE LINK BUT DONT LOOK IF YOUR SQUEAMISH!!!!

DO NOT, mess with the Sikh's !!

Been all over twitter and facebook this week, crazy video indeed.

the jim rose circus did this 20 years ago. most of the things aren't that hard to do. i used to be friendly with a few of them and they taught me a few tricks. to eat a lightbulb you just grind the glass on your back teeth and it turns to sand and you can swallow it. you can't do it if you have fillings or bits get stuck in them

bed of nails, the more nails there are the more you are spread out and thus less weight on each nail

it's just that most people don't do these things so they think they are hard to do and people are impressed

unique said:
the jim rose circus did this 20 years ago. most of the things aren't that hard to do. i used to be friendly with a few of them and they taught me a few tricks. to eat a lightbulb you just grind the glass on your back teeth and it turns to sand and you can swallow it. you can't do it if you have fillings or bits get stuck in them

bed of nails, the more nails there are the more you are spread out and thus less weight on each nail

it's just that most people don't do these things so they think they are hard to do and people are impressed

Still impressive, in a sick, misguided sort of way. Training and dedication aside, its just a strange thing to do.

PS The "tube" freefall impressed me the most!

Are the light tubes made of sugar glass, as bottles and glass used in film stunts

Are the light tubes made of sugar glass, as bottles and glass used in film stunts

i didn't watch the video, but as i mentioned before, you can "eat" real lightbulbs, and presumably light tube glass is the same or similar. it's not that thick. you just grind it on the back of your teeth

you may have seen a trick where you take a bunch of beer bottles, you smash them up, then put them in a bag and shake the bag "to put them into even smaller pieces", then they pour the contents into something like a cat little tray and lie on the broken glass, sometimes add a paving block etc. well you'll notice they only do that with coloured glass, so green and brown bottles, as those are recycled glass, i think they put the colour in to hide impurities etc. when they put the broken bits in the bag and shake it, it actually rubs the sharp edges down and blunts the broken bits, so that's why they shake long and vigorously, usually getting an audience member to do it and encouraging them to shake a lot to make smaller bits on the pretense they are sharper, but it works the other way. you will also notice they also pull bits out of the tray to show the audience, and usually throw them at someone for effect, they are getting rid of anything that might cause serious damage. you will usually get marks and some cuts doing this, but it's not as bad as you might think, and after doing it a while your back gets used to it as you would with playing guitar and getting callouses

and chainsaw juggling and cutting initials into apples in peoples mouths. there is no chain on the saw. it's replaced with black tape that looks like a chain. of course at speed it can cut apples. it could also make a mess of your face, but it wouldn't cut your arm or head off if you made a mistake. i've literally had the chainsaws rubbed in my groin so can confirm it doesn't hurt

My friend linked me to this on Facebook, saying to me "you're Sikh, have you seen this yet?" assuming I would have somehow seen it before everyone else :D

As unique said above, it's entertaining because most people don't do these kinda things and so it looks impressive...but I like I said, it was very entertaining :p

unique said:
i didn't watch the video, but as i mentioned before, you can "eat" real lightbulbs, and presumably light tube glass is the same or similar. it's not that thick. you just grind it on the back of your teeth

you may have seen a trick where you take a bunch of beer bottles, you smash them up, then put them in a bag and shake the bag "to put them into even smaller pieces", then they pour the contents into something like a cat little tray and lie on the broken glass, sometimes add a paving block etc. well you'll notice they only do that with coloured glass, so green and brown bottles, as those are recycled glass, i think they put the colour in to hide impurities etc. when they put the broken bits in the bag and shake it, it actually rubs the sharp edges down and blunts the broken bits, so that's why they shake long and vigorously, usually getting an audience member to do it and encouraging them to shake a lot to make smaller bits on the pretense they are sharper, but it works the other way. you will also notice they also pull bits out of the tray to show the audience, and usually throw them at someone for effect, they are getting rid of anything that might cause serious damage. you will usually get marks and some cuts doing this, but it's not as bad as you might think, and after doing it a while your back gets used to it as you would with playing guitar and getting callouses

and chainsaw juggling and cutting initials into apples in peoples mouths. there is no chain on the saw. it's replaced with black tape that looks like a chain. of course at speed it can cut apples. it could also make a mess of your face, but it wouldn't cut your arm or head off if you made a mistake. i've literally had the chainsaws rubbed in my groin so can confirm it doesn't hurt

Your past sounds rather interesting.....

Your past sounds rather interesting.....

i won't even say the juicy stuff, but there are a couple of books and a movie by someone i know from things i experienced first hand, but the writer only heard second hand... i have the books, but haven't read them, and haven't seen the movie yet, but i know it's all exaggerated

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom