India v England Match 2

Ian J

Ex Member
Reaction score
The rain has been the winner so far but I think that we are now in a position where stupidity apart we shouldn't lose. A good spell of bowling tomorrow morning whilst we are all sleeping in could tip the balance in favour of England and we could still win if the pitch deteriorates as India should be batting on day 5.

I would imagine that Ashley Giles is a bit worried about getting his place back in the side as Monty Panesar has not only bowled well but has even outbowled Harbajan Singh the Indian spinner who once held such great terrors for England.

Harmison taking Sewag's wicket plus Ian Bell's stunning catch were the stand out moments in today's play

I think a draw is likely,unless we can get Dravid early on tomorrow.You're right though,we shouldn't really lose the match from here.The other highlight of the day would have to be Kumble getting his 500th wicket,never gets a lot of attention,compared to the big 2 spinners,but has always been a class act.

Ian J said:
I would imagine that Ashley Giles is a bit worried about getting his place back in the side as Monty Panesar has not only bowled well but has even outbowled Harbajan Singh the Indian spinner who once held such great terrors for England.

I agree with that :thumbsup: ....he looks a real player....lets hope he develops even further.

The only down side being the great job Giles did batting with the tail and I wonder whether todays performance by the tail is a sign of things to come. It even more important we make sure we absolutely get the batting order correct and in particular the WK contributing consistently.

I can't get into this game much at the moment...the weather has put a real dampner on it. It is going to take a great performance by someone tomorrow to turn it to a result match.

It is great that we now have someone who looks like they can take over from Gilo and I think he may find it hard to get straight back in to the team.
I now believe that no matter what happens on this tour it would have been a success in that we have now developed a few players who will actually challenge for the team.
A year ago the batting line up was set and we were unsure what the back up players could do, well we have now found Cook seems to be a Test match player, Collingwood seems to have finally proved the same. That combined with Panesar coming in means we have competition in every department other than a genuine all rounder. 5 Test match pace bowlers + Freddie, 2 Spinners, 3/4 Keepers (most better than the one playing now :eek: ) and 7 Batsman + Freddie. :clap:

This one is looking like a draw but it is often these types of matches that throw up results. I think it all depens on the first session in the morning, if we could nip out at least 3 before Lunch the game could be on :thumbsup:

Most of the excitement this Sunday seems to be in South Africa where Ponting flayed the South African attack all over the continent in scoring 164 from 105 balls leading Australia to a new world record of 434 in their 50 overs.

Nobber will be pleased :D

Ian J said:
The rain has been the winner so far but I think that we are now in a position where stupidity apart we shouldn't lose.

Next time I'll keep my big mouth shut :(

Ian J said:
Most of the excitement this Sunday seems to be in South Africa where Ponting flayed the South African attack all over the continent in scoring 164 from 105 balls leading Australia to a new world record of 434 in their 50 overs.

Nobber will be pleased :D
SA are giving it a go!!

Andrew Hall wouldn't have been too popular for a few moments there......what a shot :rolleyes:

You have to feel sorry for the Aussies :D . Anyone know what time the highlights are on?

Ian J said:
The rain has been the winner so far but I think that we are now in a position where stupidity apart we shouldn't lose. A good spell of bowling tomorrow morning whilst we are all sleeping in could tip the balance in favour of England and we could still win if the pitch deteriorates as India should be batting on day 5.

Harmison taking Sewag's wicket plus Ian Bell's stunning catch were the stand out moments in today's play
looks like defeat weather permitting

Well done England, snatching a great defeat from the jaws of a draw.

My young son wasn't well yesterday and I couldn't get near the TV so didn't see any of the defining moments in our 181 all out second innings. Were the Indian bowlers that good or did the pitch that seemed so good when we were struggling to get the Indian tail out sudden'y deteriorate whilst we were batting prior to miraculously becoming placid again when the Indians went into bat again today.

Surely it can't have been poor shot selection or execution as we've learned from our experiences in Pakistan :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom