India trip (RIA)

Matty777

Sorry to be negative, but only 1 photo of the 3, shouts "India", the other 2 could be Crouch End Essex for all I know.
I feel the essence of Travel Photography is to tell a story and portray the location, culture, food etc etc. A peg and a suit doesn't inspire me to rush to Heathrow for the next flight to Mumbai.

shotokan101

Banned
Sorry to be negative, but only 1 photo of the 3, shouts "India", the other 2 could be Crouch End Essex for all I know.
I feel the essence of Travel Photography is to tell a story and portray the location, culture, food etc etc. A peg and a suit doesn't inspire me to rush to Heathrow for the next flight to Mumbai.

+1

Tend to agree - though there are a few more representative ones on the Flickr set :)

Love the second shot - India or not :cool:

Jim

Hm, yeh I guess the post is a little misleading - these were more like "my favourite three photos I took when I happened to be in India" as opposed to my prospective submissions to the next Incredible!ndia ad campaign.

Anyway thanks shotokan, I like that second one the best myself.

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
From an RIA view point the first shot does have one of the classic "errors" - the pole growing out of the man's head.;)

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
he's a Fakir:rolleyes:

anyway, I echo the sentiments re 2 and 3, the title led me to expect hot sweaty dusty squallor and I get 3 pressed suits and a clothes peg:eek::thumbsdow

post some more please:)

johnaalex said:
From an RIA view point the first shot does have one of the classic "errors" - the pole growing out of the man's head.;)

D'oh! It's a fair cop :$

nikonuser11 said:
he's a Fakir:rolleyes:

anyway, I echo the sentiments re 2 and 3, the title led me to expect hot sweaty dusty squallor and I get 3 pressed suits and a clothes peg:eek::thumbsdow

post some more please:)

Well I think the verdict's in on the subject matter then!

Anyway, I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll stick a few more 'Indiany' ones up later.

shotokan101

Banned
D'oh! It's a fair cop :$

Well I think the verdict's in on the subject matter then!

Anyway, I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll stick a few more 'Indiany' ones up later.

:smashin:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom