Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Index Fwd/Back on Bang & Olufsen DVD1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ncooper-kemp, Feb 5, 2003.

1. ncooper-kemp

ncooper-kemp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a problem with my B&O DVD1 that my dealer says he doesn't know the answer to. Can anyone help?

I've noticed that on certain DVDs, especially in the "Special Features" sections, I'm unable to achieve the equivalent of what I think is called "index forward" and "index backward" on most DVD remote controls (they're the buttons with two arrowheads and a vertical line). On the BEO4 remote control there's no direct equivalent - depending on context it can be the up, down, left or right arrows - or even the colour buttons. Whatever, I've tried them all (as has my dealer) and nothing seems to work.

In some cases I can access options by pressing the numerical keys. But in some cases I can't!

The most recent case to stump me is on the DVD of "Memento". The special features offer a chance to browse the shooting script page by page. The DVD1 displays the cover sheet of the script and then... nothing. I can't move on from this page. However my son's cheap-y Sony DVD player effortlessly moves on to the subsequent pages by use of the "index fwd/back" keys.

Any suggestions? (and it's no good suggesting I ditch the B&O kit - I'm too far in for that - but I will concede that B&O gear does seem prone to some very irritating glitches like this that you never see on gear costing a fraction of the price).

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your help.

Neil Cooper-Kemp

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    No idea mate Bang technical could hold the answer!!! try the DVD in another DVD1 just to make sure its a design feature not a flaw on your machine.