"Indestructible" speed cameras live in the UK

Layne RIP

Describing them as "indestructible" is asking for trouble. Some people like a challenge :thumbsup:

Hehe... it'd be alot easier to wrap a load of cling film around them :D

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
They're pretty good ladders (our central heating installer uses these and they take up minimal space in his van).

Chris Muriel, Manchester

shodan

Distinguished Member
Absolutely disgusting waste of the publics money.

cobbler

"thick steel base driven directly into the ground"

That will be lots of fun for any car that crashes into one :thumbsdow

Layne RIP

"thick steel base driven directly into the ground"

That will be lots of fun for any car that crashes into one :thumbsdow

Actually.. that's a really good point... they now have the safer crash barrier's with the flat ends, and i thought they were putting up safer lamp posts and sign posts too, this would be a definite step back in that respect.

sinizterguy

Novice Member
With speed cameras blending into the background, they will only be printing money and wont actually reduce speeding or increase road safety.

wack

I drove in London last week, i've never seen so many cameras, the whole city must be under surveillance 24/7

wombar

I drove in London last week, i've never seen so many cameras, the whole city must be under surveillance 24/7

Tell me about it, if I drove to my local town (about 7 miles distance) and get caught by every camera on the way there I would get an instant ban and then some. There's about 6 cameras within the space of about 3 miles which is fun at night if you're not paying attention when the streets are deserted and you drift up to 35 for 10 metres. It's only a matter of time before I end up with some points on my license, there's not many people these days who haven't got any at all.

vonhosen

Novice Member
Since when can they hide speed cameras?

Police have never had to be visible, SCPs had to be in order to qualify for 'netting off' (the process of being able to reclaim costs from the fines generated by the camera).

SCP funding changed as of 1st April (netting off has now gone & the SCP get a yearly grant from central government) & with it the SCP rules.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Tell me about it, if I drove to my local town (about 7 miles distance) and get caught by every camera on the way there I would get an instant ban and then some. There's about 6 cameras within the space of about 3 miles which is fun at night if you're not paying attention when the streets are deserted and you drift up to 35 for 10 metres. It's only a matter of time before I end up with some points on my license, there's not many people these days who haven't got any at all.

just keep watching the sides of the roads, concentrate really hard so you spot any cameras.

Don't worry if you knock over a few old ladies - as long as you're doing under the speed limit I'm sure you'll be fine.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom