1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Independent TV testing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andyk, Mar 14, 2002.

1. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I was in my local Bang and Olufsen shop recently and I got into a bit of a "discussion" with the assistant about whether B&O were perhaps more of a style thing than out and out high quality. (nothing to contentious there I didn't think)

He got all on his high horse and told me that B&O had been the winners for the last 20 years or so of a European trial where all of the top TV manufacturers show their TVs to a panel of the general public with the TVs masked so that only the screen is visible. (so that their judgements are not biased by their expectations)

I haven't seen anything about this before and wonder if he was just spinning me a line. If not, I'd be quite interested in seeing the results of these trials.

Anyone know anything about them?

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm, not a very scientific test, eh? A bit like Bose AM speaker demo, although that was fairly convincing. As far as I am aware B&O use Philips tv tubes and chassis! So I believe we do pay for design, which is usually top notch.