44.2 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 10792125-1364380599-874144.jpg
    10792125-1364380599-874144.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,258
  • 10792125-1364380599-874189.jpg
    10792125-1364380599-874189.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,246
Last edited:
Ooh that's interesting. The only other steelbook of this goes for daft money online.

There was a release in Germany too. It was exclusive to Media Markt and cost something like €15. It was absolutely awful though. Poor artwork, Blu-ray logo on the front, printed back and no inside art. The finish was really cheap too. I'm glad this is finally getting a decent release.

Will be getting, I have not got ID4 on Blu so will be worth getting the SB.

easy skip for me, i enjoyed the film when it came out but it hasnt aged well imo...

I think zavvi are just looking on ebay and finding the ones that sell for a lot or that are rare... next they will be doing a john rambo uncut steelbook

I think zavvi are just looking on ebay and finding the ones that sell for a lot or that are rare... next they will be doing a john rambo uncut steelbook

If that was the case then why no Iron Man? :facepalm:

Probably been discussing titles with the guy from HDN who may have warned them off doing any more reprints.

snooloui said:
Probably been discussing titles with the guy from HDN who may have warned them off doing any more reprints.

Do they actually talk to people at HDN or was that a joke?

Zavvi are in communication with the site owner, Wreck and the other admins yes.

Interesting indeed. I had no idea there was direct communcation between the two.

Does anyone from AV forums do the same? If not, I vote for you Snooloui :D

Alimonster said:
Interesting indeed. I had no idea there was direct communcation between the two.

Does anyone from AV forums do the same? If not, I vote for you Snooloui :D

Nope unfortunately we don't have nearly as members (who use this section at least) so it's less lucrative. They are much more likely to want to communicate with another business owner than a regular on a forum.

snooloui said:
Nope unfortunately we don't have nearly as members (who use this section at least) so it's less lucrative. They are much more likely to want to communicate with another business owner than a regular on a forum.

Is there anyway we could get out voiced heard by Zavvi on what steelbooks we want etc? Could we submit a poll result to those at HDN and they pass it on do you think?

Cover almost looks like the one for War of the Worlds.

Hmmm still not sold on this one yet. I hope it's not the directors cut of the film. That was no good. If its cheap enough I might have a punt.

I really love this film, it's a good old fashioned 'cheese fest' blockbuster, but I as much as I want this, £14.99 is too high a cost for re issues for me. Along with this and Zavvi recently selling excess stock of Rodger Rabbit at £22.99 on eBay, I feel they are really bleeding us collectors dry!

It already says sold out.? it can't be can it.?

It already says sold out.? it can't be can it.?

Yes, all 4,000 copies sold out in 6 hours...

Of course not, for some reason Zavvi listings state 'sold out' even though the item hasn't been made available for sale yet.

snooloui said:
Yes, all 4,000 copies sold out in 6 hours...

* SPOILER *

Re your spoiler I reckon they put that in the hope they all will.

Don't like the artwork, at what point did the Earth catch fire like that... none. Looks like a mashup of ID4 and Knowing.

Cover almost looks like the one for War of the Worlds.

yes..except war of the worlds art was better..
this looks a little rushed to me
havent got a problem with all these steelbook releases, but there are far too many listed for 3/6/13

as stated a hybrid cover of war of the worlds/knowing/

im still preying we get a team america **** yeah steelbook which never materialised on play..

in fact im assuming everything that was scheduled for play is now heading for zavvi..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom