Independence Day 2: Resurgence (24 June 2016)

How did you rate this film?

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The news is there is a script for the sequel, while promoting 2012, Roland Emmerich says off 'ID4 2' - its really good great story, a very cool one. But the reason why it keeps stalling from getting made, is that FOX has not quite figured out how to incorporate Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich, and Will's Smith's deals, Will wants to do it in some sort of a package they can live with, so it's be in negations like forever.

FOX even suggested to Roland Emmerich why don't they make the film without Will Smith! So would that be a stupid idea or not, considering the first film made over $800m worldwide with Will Smith, Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum. Or can the sci-fi action extravaganza sell itself without this leading man?

Last edited:
I think ID4 2 would be a big hit without Will Smith as the original was an event movie rather than a Will Smith vehicle, however from a personal standpoint i'd rather it had him in it.

Please, no uploading viruses though please! :rolleyes:

Well it needs Will Smith because I can't think of any good actors that don't get paid a lot of money. Stick a cheapo actor in there, and you get cheapo acting.

Vin Diesel might just pull it off I guess, but it's a bit risky.

But hasn't Emmerich's philosophy always been "sod the actor, spend the budget on the FX"

I think ID4 was such as hit was no-one had seen an alien invasion (and city destruction) done for years, especially with the SFX & CGI thrown in for good measure - I can't see a sequel having the same impact.

But hasn't Emmerich's philosophy always been "sod the actor, spend the budget on the FX"

I think ID4 was such as hit was no-one had seen an alien invasion (and city destruction) done for years, especially with the SFX & CGI thrown in for good measure - I can't see a sequel having the same impact.

i would agree, i dont think the film has aged well to be honest...

i would agree, i dont think the film has aged well to be honest...

Agree completely, I think it's an awful film and the thought of another one is not that appealing to me.

If Megan Fox is it it I'll watch it

:D

First half of ID4 was cool.

2nd half was one big slobbering cheesefest:thumbsdow

Therefore, i'm neutral on ID4 2:D but I think WS should return. Any mention of Vin and the idea should be canned, imo.

I think Independence Day is one of my favourite 'guilty pleasure' movies, and i do like Will Smith when he plays his wise-cracking hero roles, so i'd be up for a sequel, although it'd be difficult to do justice to, i mean is it set 10 years in the future when the world has been rebuilt or is it directly after, at which point the military would have no chance against another wave of aliens with renewed forcefields and newly protected with kaspersky alien edition.

Was sooooooo lookiing forward to seeing ID4, and when I went to see it I was impressed.

But then the week after I went and saw Twister, and thought that was a much better film.

Will Smith was the only good thing in ID4 IMO

Hi,

This does sound like a strange idea but who knows what might happen. Can't think of a similar film with a sequel tagged on - perhaps it will take inspiration from the original?

One thing I did like about Independence Day was the humour. Some of the jokes were flat but at least there is something there, and it attached itself well to the Roswell/X Files themes of the time. I actually thought the virus was based on War of the Worlds but that is probably open to debate.

Last edited:
I liked independne day! thought it was a great film but could of done with the usual we are america, we will save the world by figuring out the problems all by ourselves ............. answer upload a virus and watch everything blow the fudge up.

but smith and goldblum made the film so if they dont return nor shall i lol not that anyone will care if i watch it or not!

Alien revenge! That would be good.

Or perhaps it could be set in the future, humans developed the technology to go set fire to their planet... see how they like it! The swines!

Does it need Will Smith? Nope, I find him quite annoying really. I'm there are countless other actors that could do an equal if not better job, bung an unknown in.

Does it need Will Smith? Nope, I find him quite annoying really. I'm there are countless other actors that could do an equal if not better job, bung an unknown in.

I'm afraid to find out who you consider being good actors...
:rolleyes:

They need Jeff more than they need Will Smith IMO.

Also isnt ID4 one of the highest grossing movies of all time??
therefore the producers should in theory be allowed to do what they want given the success of the first movie.

(As long as they dont cast Vin !!!)

Also hope its not called Independence Day 2 (that would be just strange)
ID4-2?

p.s 2012 looks crazy good in the special effects department!

They need Jeff more than they need Will Smith IMO.

Also isnt ID4 one of the highest grossing movies of all time??
therefore the producers should in theory be allowed to do what they want given the success of the first movie.

(As long as they dont cast Vin !!!)

Also hope its not called Independence Day 2 (that would be just strange)
ID4-2?

p.s 2012 looks crazy good in the special effects department!

Oh ID4 is Independence Day? That explains that other thread then.

I'm afraid to find out who you consider being good actors...
:rolleyes:

I never said he was bad (he's not), I said annoying, quite different.

I get sick of seeing 'film stars' in everything. I'd rather see someone unheard of give it a go, makes characters a bit more believable. I'm probably in the minority.

Not that it really matters in a film like this.

Please just have some decent music this time, and no cheesy speeches. I thought the music during the action sequences ruined the excitement and drama.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom