Indecisive requires help - 37-42" which one?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by tanc, Jun 8, 2009.

1. tanc

tanc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I'd made a decision, after about 6 weeks of browsing here and elsewhere, comparing specs, staring at badly set-up screens in Currys etc. I'd definitely decided on the Panasonic L37S10. Ticked the right boxes, good reviews, just about in budget (including 5-year warranty at RS etc.)

Then my fiancee puts a spanner in the works when we were in M&S by saying, whilst we were looking at TV's - maybe up to a 42" would be okay.

So help me out here...

I've got a budget of £700, preferably including an extended warranty.

It needs to be between 37" and 42"

If it's 37" I'm fairly sold on the Panasonic, so either reassure me that was the right decision, or guide me to a 40" or 42" that gives me the best picture.

It'll be used for a combination of SD & HD + a bit of gaming, but nothing serious.

Thanks!

2. Monarch

Monarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,143
    Have you considered some of the plasmas? The Panasonic P42X10 or the LG 42PQ6000 are both very good sets, the best for the money in my opinion. The 42PQ6000 can be found for a smidge under £500 if you use a discount code at dixons! Otherwise the Panasonic is around £580, they were going at £600, I wouldn't expect these rediculous prices to hold out too long so it might be worth getting there quite quickly.

Otherwise I would say that the Samsung LE40B650 is one of the better LCDs, but is a little bit over budget, or the Sony 40V5500, otherwise the LG 42LH4000 is very decent for £700 - Lg 42" | LCD Televisions 42LH4000 unforunately the superior LH7000 is over budget. I would still recommend the plasmas though, especially given your uses. I think the LG is overall the slightly better set, but if you game for a good few hours in one session regularly then the Panasonic is the one to get