Indecision

Movieman

Ok guys you've done me proud in the past, so here's my latest dilemma! I'm just in the process of selling my Lexicon RV-8, and I am looking for a new amp, the contenders are:

Denon AVR 4310
Pioneer SCLX82
Onkyo TXNR 5007

and possibly although slightly above what I'd like to spend.

Arcam FMJ AVR500

These will be paired with the kit below in my signiture. so go on hit me with your thoughts.:thumbsup:

Zorba_8

Ok guys you've done me proud in the past, so here's my latest dilemma! I'm just in the process of selling my Lexicon RV-8, and I am looking for a new amp, the contenders are:

Denon AVR 4310
Pioneer SCLX82
Onkyo TXNR 5007

and possibly although slightly above what I'd like to spend.

Arcam FMJ AVR500

These will be paired with the kit below in my signiture. so go on hit me with your thoughts.:thumbsup:

If it was my money, I'd save a little longer and plump for the Arcam. It's tonally more neutral than the others (traditionally Pioneer and Onkyo are bright & Denon warm sounding).

You B&W speakers tend to lean to the bright side also, so a demo would definitely be order (especially with the money you're prepared to spend) as you may like the attacking and brighter sound.

Another plus point for the Arcam is that if you like to upgrade regularly and you change your speakers, you'll have a larger range of speakers to pair it with being neutral.

Also consider the Yamaha Z7, cheaper than the Arcam but very highly regarded.

:)

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would have to say the Arcam too. It has its flaws but in terms of sound performance I think it is the best of the bunch (although I am an Arcam owner so a little biased!!!!).
As above demoing is the way to go especially with your budget.

Movieman

Thanks guys, Id love to demo these amps but no were near sells them. I don't have many hi fi shop near by.

Last edited:

Movieman

I know!!! l live on the wirral near liverpool and chester.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom