Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Incubus

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by lmccauley, Jun 6, 2004.

1. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Anybody else seeing Incubus tonight in Newcastle?

Cheers,
    Liam

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,969
    Forgot they were playing! Ah well enjoy Liam.

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Ah, they were awesome. Their Make Yourself stuff was fantastic - I Miss You brought a lump to my throat. Their latest album has grown on me. Even their earlier heavy stuff that I'm not really into was good - possibly because of the atmosphere as the crowd went balistic.

Cheers,
    Liam

4. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I'm in to classical mainly (don't ask). I wondered what my cousin was listening to the other day ( just turned thirteen and went through the goth/grunge transformation) and it was this "incubus".

Got to admit - it was awesome - sort of thing I would want to listen to at ear-splitting levels to **** my flatmates off while playing counter strike :)

5. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed :thumbsup: and the drum solo was superb!.. Drive was my fav track that night they played differently, which was very nice..
    and the girls went crazy when Brandon took his cloth off.. but i am surprised that the arena was not full

6. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Yeah, drum solo - with 3 people participating for most of it!

The different version of Drive was... different. I'd actually like to hear it more, on a live album maybe. But the original is so good, it's hard to beat. I Miss You was my favourite of the night, but that's partly for sentimental reasons.

I know what you mean about the girls! It was like there was a sudden intake of breath and then they all went "Phwarr!" lol!

I guess Incubus just isn't that well known here. I think there was more people there than the City Hall can take.

Cheers,
    Liam

7. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    P.S. I've just ordered the "bootleg" Live in Japan from here. Will let you know how it sounds.

Cheers,
    Liam

8. Crispy5449

Crispy5449
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Incubus are a quality band - does anyone else find that their albums are real "growers"?

I first heard drive, and went out and bought Morning View, thinking Drive was on it. I got into Morning View, so I bought Make Yourself and SCIENCE, wasn't too keen on SCIENCE but loved Morning View and Make Yourself, and couldn't wait for the new Album. When A Crow.... was released I was gutted on first listen as I didn't like it at all, but after a few listens it's now my favourite album, and it has prompted me to revisit SCIENCE (as it is similar in style) and I love that as well!

9. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Absolutely. Make yourself I got into very quickly - possibly because I'd seen the video for Drive so many times. Morning View I didn't listen to so much. I bought SCIENCE & Fungus Amongus and have listened to each once. I bought Crow and was initially disappointed, but it has grown on me.

After seeing them live, I'm going to listen to Morning View more, and try SCIENCE & Fungus again.

Cheers,
    Liam

10. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    Top band, great song writers. One question, most albums have a picture of a bloke displayed somewhere on the cover art, same bloke, same picture on each album. Does anyone know who he is or the significance?

Cheers..

11. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you mean the bloke with moustache?
    [​IMG]

no idea!

lmccauley, how's the bootleg sounds?

12. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,843
    Thats the fella

13. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    Haven't got it yet. The order confirmation said allow 15-20 days.

Cheers,
    Liam

14. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I've been asleep chaps.

Saw Incubus at Manchester, amazing gig, nigh on filled the MEN, played all the quality tunage (no Anti-Gravity though, which they got at Birmingham).

The Bloke on the album sleeves is called Chuck, legend has it it's Brandon (the lead singers) dad who was a model for cigarettes or something on the past... I dunno if that's true. All I know is that there were quite a few chuck masks being handed out at Manchester.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is probably their best album for all round diversity, tracks like Glass, Deep Inside and Calgone take a while to appreciate fully for the amount of complexity and genre-bending they encompassed at the time; remember, this was released at the forefront of nu-metal (they were the first band signed to Korn's label) and no one ever really got close to this again. I have to admit I wasn't overly enamoured with the new one, but after seeing it live and performed more how they wanted it (I think anyway) then I can appreciate it more and I'm really begining to get into it.

Oh, and Liam, the live in Japan is ace, got a drum solo on there. Had mine on pre order :D Hopefully they'll release the UK tour bootleg next - I'm praying for Manchester