Incubus - Morning View sessions

dfield2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just getting into Incubus and I like what I hear so far.

I noticed a DVD of theirs cheap in HMV - Morning View Sessions, but can anyone tell me what exactly is on there ? Is it fottage of them in a studio, a live performance, vidoes or what ?

Thanks

I think Gambit is the man to advise on this....I seem to remember him mentioning he had it in another thread ;)

Snap:)

Only just started listening to them a couple of months ago have have now purchased:-
S.C.I.E.N.C.E
a crow left of the murder
Morning View
Make Yourself

Make Yourself is currently my favourite out of them all but they're all superb imo. I had science in my collection for ages without spinning it . Decided to give it a go a few months back and realised I was missing out on something special:)

Does anyone know of other artists of a similar flavour that I've also overlooked?

Faith No More
Mr Bungle
System of A down
Perfect Circle

Listing is thusly:

1. Program Start (intro thing)
2. Pardon Me
3. Stellar
4. Glass
5. Circles
6. The Warmth
7. Mexico
8. Drive
9. Warning
10. New Skin
11. Just A Phase
12. Nice To Know You
13. Wish You Were Here
14. End Credits

It's basically a small gig with a very intimate crowd - can't be more than 50 people there. The band are in a circle in the middle kind of thing. It's fantastically recorded, excellent performances from them all and Dirk Lance was still with them when it was recorded, non of this Ben Kenny heresy ;) Buy today with confidence.

Originally posted by karkus30
Faith No More
Mr Bungle
System of A down
Perfect Circle

Thanks for that just ordered both the perfect circle cd's:)
I also have Tool's Lateralus which I quite like do you know if it's worth getting Aenima ?

Aenima beats the s**t out of Lateralus, although Lateralus is still class!

Originally posted by Floodedstatue
Aenima beats the s**t out of Lateralus, although Lateralus is still class!

I wouldn't say that, but it is fan-fookin-tastic.

The new Lost Prophets album isn't a million miles away from some Incubus stuff.

Have to admit though, I was never that into Incubus - my missus is though; she was interviewing Korn at a gig in about 1996 and Incubus were supporting, she's been into them ever since.

So is suggesting that Lateralus is better than Aenima......

....I have 'Forty Six And 2' reasons why it ain't :D

So is suggesting that Lateralus is better than Aenima......

....I have 'Forty Six And 2' reasons why it ain't :D

Yeah, and I have "The Grudge" against you ;)

I think we can agree that Aenima and Lateralus are amazing in different ways. I know they're by the same band, but I think they're entirely different beasts; which one I prefer at any moment in time normally depends on my mood.

Ok, we agree then. I wouldn't want to drag this thread on any longer. ALTHOUGH Aenima was Tool's 'breakthrough' album and was 5 years before Lateralus, but as I say I wouldn't want to drag this on any longer so let's just say that I'm right :D

We could say that but then, by your argument, Floyd's breakthrough album Saucerfull of Secrets was better than DSOTM (which I'm sure many view it as, but the majority would argue) or that Incubus's "Make Yourself" was better than S.C.I.E.N.C.E. or The RHCPs "Californication" was better than "Blood Sugar Sex Majic" and....

Yeah, I'd hate to drag this one out too :D

Let's just say Tool kick arse then shall we?!

Just zap him with your laser eyes mate :)

I have to say I like Californication best of the RHCP albums :blush:

Let's just say Tool kick arse then shall we?!

Yes :D

Originally posted by Tons of fun
Just zap him with your laser eyes mate :)

I have to say I like Californication best of the RHCP albums :blush:

No, I must only use my powerful laser eyes to defend from true evil, like White Stripes fans.

I'm going to allow that one musical transgression from you Ed. But just one.

Originally posted by Gambit
I must only use my powerful laser eyes to defend from true evil, like White Stripes fans.

these gonna be useful at glastonbury methinks...

liking incubus too...

Ok, we agree then. I wouldn't want to drag this thread on any longer. ALTHOUGH Aenima was Tool's 'breakthrough' album and was 5 years before Lateralus, but as I say I wouldn't want to drag this on any longer so let's just say that I'm right :D

Thing is Aenima was a pretty crap recording compared with Lateralus. I think Aenima is the better album musically, if only the recording was better.

Originally posted by karkus30
Faith No More
Mr Bungle
System of A down
Perfect Circle

Thoroughly enjoying the Perfect Circle Cd's (Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step) I purchased :)

What are the best Mr Bungle and System of a down cd's to get. AMG gives Toxicity a good score is that a good place to start?

cheers

Hawk

P.S. Does anyone know when Interpol's new cd will be out?:smashin:

Toxicity is pretty good, you wont be disappointed with that. Disco Volante by Mr Bungle or just go straight to FNM Angel Dust. Mr. Bungle is very different to the ususl run of the mill stuff.

Mike Patton is doing a gig at the Astoria at the end of this month with the Fantomas and possibly/probably The Melvins.

lol certainly wouldnt call apc similar to incubus but ah well :) in fact i think incubus have a pretty unique sound that isnt that comparable to many others.. still love both bands tho.

tool are also class, cant wait for them to go touring again! chevelle might be worth a look if you like the tool sound. i personally believe that the songs on aenima are better but i prefer listening to lateralus as an album. i find that i just get impatient listening to aenima after hooker with a penis has finished before aenima itself comes on

personally wrt to soad i prefer toxicity over steal this album, i havent heard their first album tho. either of those two are a good start really

slightly diff tangent as well but if u havent checked out at the drive in i thoroughly recommend them - im really enjoying relationship of command atm - logically the mars volta would be someone else to look at if you like them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom