1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incremental zoom on Sony VPN-NS*** players?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sonn, Apr 26, 2004.

1. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Concerning overscan problem mastersofcinema.com advices to buy DVD player with quality incremental zoom possibility. (see the link)

The question: Is there a thing like that hidden on Sony VPN-NS*** players? And how to reach it?

Cheers Henno

2. jurass

jurass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to check it with mine DVP-NS730, but I don't think so. Although many TV sets offer possibility to lower the overscan at least thru a service menu.

3. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for the answer,
    my Sony HS2 projector seems not to have the possibility --- went through both the factory and service menus. Do you happen to have any experience with virtual dvd-players? Overscan is a real problem, you know. Somehow there must be a way.

cheers
    Henno

4. jurass

jurass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not at all. I even don't know what it is:confused:

My Panny has a H-SIZE and V-SIZE adjustments in the service menu which squeeze or stretch picture in both directions thus influencing the overscan. Don't you have adjustments of this kind in your projector?

5. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    There is no 1 pixel incremental zoom/picture size adjustment on Sony players, and i've never seen that feature on any dvd player come to think of it... perhaps it is available on players with built in scalers, however most screens are adjustable in the user or service menu. Most DVD players (inc Sony) with analogue outputs do crop a line or 2 from the edges even when you've used the screens adjustments to eliminate overscan. When adjusting overscan, you have to make sure the aspect ratio is correct, I suggest using Digital Video Essensials and putting a CD upto the screen to make sure the circles are round in the test patterns.