1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incredibly cheap mobiles – too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by krp, Jan 2, 2005.

1. krp

krp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When searching for mobiles an ad appears on Google: "Huge Mobile Discounts / Brand New Mobiles sim-free / Nokia Samsung Motorola Siemens / mobiles-discounts.com". If you follow the link it takes you to a website, www.de-phones.com, where they offer incredible prices, quoted in Euros or US$ –*incredible as in less than half the best UK prices I can find!

The contact address on the site is in Germany, and though there are credit card symbols on the site, you can't pay by credit card. Instead, if you place an order, you're sent an email asking you to send a bank draft to a private address in north London. All sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Has anyone seen this site, or bought anything from it?

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,662
    If you're buying anything on the internet from a company,then do it by credit card and nothing else.
    If a company is authentic, it will have no trouble getting merchant services.
    If the company is fraudulent and you pay by bank draft, cheque, debit card etc. then there is no recourse. Whereas if you lose your money after a credit card purchase, you can recover your money from the credit card company.
    There may be exceptions, but I don't believe there are any debit cards which offer this service, so don't use them, either.

3. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,470
    I wouldn't touch an offer like that with a barge pole.....

4. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the prices are very average anyway. nowt specialand very dodgy sounding but a proper website

5. rking100uk

rking100uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definately a fake site, they want you to pay through WU, and you cant even pick them up, funny tho, they are advertising with google adwords which gives it some credit, but still very dodgy company. BEWARE!