1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incredible. 3 Faulty GA4's in a row!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by markwm, Apr 13, 2005.

1. markwm

markwm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a wait of approx 3 months I had sharp/sharpserv replacement my 2nd faulty 26GA4E. The 3rd set was all fine and dandy for a few days until the common power supply problem cropped up. (click on, click off, no fans etc)

My 1st set terrible quality picture(replaced without quible by retailer), 2nd set had numerous problems inc power supply, DVI failure and lots of pixel errors, this set was repaired once by sharpserv, failed again so finally on the advice of the enginner replaced. It took around 3 months to get clearence from Sharp to sort out the replacement! Now the 3rd finally arrives and has the same power supply problem as the 2nd set, albeit it it doesn't happen as frequent. But it's still not cricket.

I bought a GA4 at the beginning of december and have not had a fully working set for more than a week! And I'm not joking!...I'm now waiting for sharpserv to get back to me(de-javu).......

I've had it with these TVs, do I have any options at all regarding getting a refund? There's only so long you can go on with replacement after replacement isn't there?

The irony about this set is the fact that the engineer(real nice chap) said I shouldn't have any issues with this set due to the fact it's assembled in Japan, whereas 'inferior' ones are assembled in Spain. There's no way in the world you'd convince me to buy another Sharp TV.

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Are you sure you are getting a brand new set and not a "repaired" unit?

3. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds fishy. No problems with my 2 month old LC37GA4. I'm very happy with it.