Increase Lg c1 height for soundbar

blueybarnes

Standard Member
Hi. I'm looking at the LG C1 as my first OLED but the stand height is a concern due to my soundbar obscuring it. I have seen the lack shelf idea but unfortunately my unit is only 100cm so the lack would be too long. Cutting to size is not an option as they seem to be made of cardboard inside! Could an owner tell me whether these are a possible option

Amazon product

Can 2 to 4 of these be stuck on the bottom of the stand to boost the height by 3cm? Or would they affect the balance of the TV? I'm unsure of the stability of the current stand so some advice would be helpful, thanks.

JustTheFacts

Hi. I'm looking at the LG C1 as my first OLED but the stand height is a concern due to my soundbar obscuring it. I have seen the lack shelf idea but unfortunately my unit is only 100cm so the lack would be too long. Cutting to size is not an option as they seem to be made of cardboard inside! Could an owner tell me whether these are a possible option

Amazon product

Can 2 to 4 of these be stuck on the bottom of the stand to boost the height by 3cm? Or would they affect the balance of the TV? I'm unsure of the stability of the current stand so some advice would be helpful, thanks.

Get 3/4” thick plywood. Screw 2 pieces together for a total thickness of 1.5”. Cut to shape and paint satin black. Place TV on plywood.

blueybarnes

Standard Member
Get 3/4” thick plywood. Screw 2 pieces together for a total thickness of 1.5”. Cut to shape and paint satin black. Place TV on plywood.
Good idea but I don't particularly want a piece of black wood on my TV unit, or rather, the wife wouldn't. This would be fine in the evening but very noticeable in the day.

gibbletts

Good idea but I don't particularly want a piece of black wood on my TV unit, or rather, the wife wouldn't. This would be fine in the evening but very noticeable in the day.
Have you looked at something like this FITUEYES Monitor Stand Glass Transparent Height Adjustable PC Laptop Computer Screen Riser 56x24x9.5cm DT105601GC Amazon product there's various ones available I have an lg cx sitting on something similar so it will take the weight.

staffy 2

I have my E7 on a glass tv riser. It’s 8cm high. My soundbar is 10cm high and it works perfectly. The E7 has nice forward firing speakers which sit above my soundbar.You can’t see anything of the riser unless you walk up to the tv.
Heres a picture

Attachments

• D7699253-F103-407B-95AA-2E75E9A5BCBC.jpeg
    D7699253-F103-407B-95AA-2E75E9A5BCBC.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 374
  • FFC055A8-9302-4BFE-84AA-8060D9740C2C.jpeg
    FFC055A8-9302-4BFE-84AA-8060D9740C2C.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 370

staffy 2

If you used wood it could easily be hidden behind your soundbar. Cut it just slightly narrower than your soundbar and it won’t be seen. Mines been like that for 4 years 5 months

JustTheFacts

If you used wood it could easily be hidden behind your soundbar. Cut it just slightly narrower than your soundbar and it won’t be seen. Mines been like that for 4 years 5 months
Agree mine sits on satin black painted plywood and I never notice it. I have a Sonos Beam soundbar and a 48” CX.

Barrovian

My 65C1 sits on an IKEA ‘Lack’ shelf, £12.00. Exactly the right depth for the tv stand and enough height to raise it clear of my LG Soundbar.

Attachments

• 2A4D9B8D-5689-4DB1-9720-7D33CF17E5D2.jpeg
    2A4D9B8D-5689-4DB1-9720-7D33CF17E5D2.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 332

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom