1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorrect red colour registration on Toshiba 36ZT29B - help please.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dompotter, May 9, 2003.

1. dompotter

dompotter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would seem that all my reds are shifted slightly (2/3millimeters) to the right of the main image. This especially shows up on the red dot DOG on Sky etc...

Is there a setting in the service or designer menu to alter the registration of the red colour ?

Regards,
    Dom

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Are you getting the same problem with DVDs?
    My Sky Digital box suffers from the Chroma Bug with causes all reds to smear outside of their boundaries.
    Other than that you may have a convergence problem. This is where the R G and B from the guns do not overlap correctly. A white dot is white cos the three colours converge correctly and give white. If say red wasn't converging correctly though, you would see red on an edge of the dot and not quite white on the opposite edge. This can be checked using a test pattern on a disc like Avia.

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This "chroma bug" - I assume it isn't fixable from the digibox service menu? Does is appear on some makes of digibox only?

4. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  5. Knickerzohnonov

Knickerzohnonov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you see it through normal off air broadcasts or DVD it is more than likely a convergence error. There is a specification, depending on the area, of how much drift you can have before thie tube is deemed unacceptable. I think on a 36" it's 1.5mm in the corners, but don't quote me on that. This can be adjusted but not in the service menu. It is a manual crt adjustment so I would get an engineer out if it looks severe.