1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorporating Bose Acoustimass 5s in 5.1 Set Up?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Charliewh, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Charliewh

Standard Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I'm in the process of upgrading/replacing an old and basic stereo system to something a bit better (5.1) for use with Sky digital, DVD and music CDs.
    I plan to purchase a Sony STR-DB790 receiver as the heart of the system, and Panasonic DVD-F65 for CDs/DVDs. I already have a Philips 9527 TV and an oldie-but-goodie JVC Quartz turntable.

As far as speakers go, I already have a Bose Acoustimass 5 speaker system and am thinking of adding a pair of Bose 161 for the rear surround.

My question is about connecting it together. The 161s are straight forward as is the (excellent, I think) TV speakers for centre. The problem is how to connect the AC5s and sub, with only single connectors available on the Acoustimass module. Is there any way to separate the bass, front L, and front R? . Do I have to connect all 3 leads into the single connector on the module, which presumably would create a 4.0 set up!

I know the real answer is that the AC5s were only designed for a stereo system, but surely it should be possible to incorporate them!!

Any help/comments appreciated. Thanks.