Quantcast

Inconsistent connection problems – ideas? (between PS3 & BTHomehub 2)

dozy2026

Standard Member
Inconsistent connection problems – ideas? (between PS3 & BTHomehub 2)

I’ve been using the PS3 (Dirt 2) with a BT Homehub2 using a wireless connection for about 2 weeks now using the online multiplayer option - hours of fun!!

Aside from ONLY being able to connect, at random, by using the Manual method, I have had the following frequent issues:

1 – not always able to connect even after a successful Connection Test
2 - being disconnected mid-race using Online Multi-payer

Does anyone have any ideas why the connectivity should be so inconsistent?
I only live ½ mile from the BT exchange so connectivity is good and I’ve never lost it for general desktop surfing.

MADEINUK

Novice Member
Hi Dozy2026, have you tried wiring to the homehub via a standard LAN line? That's the best way i've found to get a more stable and consistant connection to PS3 online gameplay.

Strangely, i have not been abled to sign in successfully to Playstation Home for the last 8 months! It started 2 or 3 software upgrades back, and no matter what i do i can't access this site. I have an existing, live, Playstation Account, and had used it for at least 12months before this problem occured. Any suggestions?:lease:

dozy2026

Standard Member
The only way I've been able to reliably (this week) get online was by restarting the HomeHub2 using the Restart button on the unit.

I could be talking BS, but I'm not sure how the IP address is allocated - either fixed or dynamically - so I am guessing that with the PS3 on stand-by, and the router re-booting, they both connect to a new (and the same) IP address? The techies may dispute this but it seems to work for me.

I also leave the PS3 to start up without pressing any control unit buttons. Hey presto, I have been signed in to the PS network.

davet010

Novice Member
I'm having the same issue with a HomeHub 2 - spotty connections, unable to sign in etc, yet it quite happily downloaded a huge (350mb) patch for MLB 10, although at a poor connection speed.

Had my Xbox wirelessly connected with the HH2 without any problems whatsoever, and PSN connected with the HomeHub 1.0 with no problems, but this is starting to annoy me now.

simonm1

Standard Member
I too have been having issues with my homehub2, it started a long time back with cod waw where i could not find random players in the der riese lobby i would just sit there on my own but everything else worked fine, then it randomly started signing me out of PSN during online gameplay (happened a few times on cod mw2 and on motorstorm) but could sign in again and it would be fine for a while.
Within the last month or so though it has been getting worse where it will randomly sign me out more often and come up with an 800 error mesage at top of screen and then wont reconnect until ps3 is rebooted.

derek1971

Novice Member
Strangely, i have not been abled to sign in successfully to Playstation Home for the last 8 months! It started 2 or 3 software upgrades back, and no matter what i do i can't access this site. I have an existing, live, Playstation Account, and had used it for at least 12months before this problem occured. Any suggestions?:lease:
I had a similar problem with home - does it get to the point of connecting and then freeze the console requiring you to hold the power button down to turn it off? It happened after Home updated to v1.3.

If so then the solution is quite easy. Have a look here

Hope that sorts it for you:thumbsup: