incapcity hell

eddgreen25

Prominent Member
Reaction score
peaple who claim incapacity benifit will be forced into having a medical. Why they can do without all that why pick on then gordon all the pain and the £40 a week pick on rhe fatcats no you wont.

Is this a Haiku?

lol, looks like someone is worried ^^^ (OP):devil:

Being disabled is not a funny situation to be in and being hounded by the so called caring government is even less funny.

I will let you borrow my blue badge and electric scooter for a week or two - see how easy it is to get by.

Being disabled is not a funny situation to be in and being hounded by the so called caring government is even less funny.

I will let you borrow my blue badge and electric scooter for a week or two - see how easy it is to get by.

Do they still give out blue badges? I thought that they had done away with them.

peaple who claim incapacity benifit will be forced into having a medical. Why they can do without all that why pick on then gordon all the pain and the £40 a week pick on rhe fatcats no you wont.

I thought that this was always the case. I know that during my time on incapacity benefit I had to stand 3 medical boards.

It's gotten to the stage now where if you're capable of lifting one hand above shoulder hight you will be classed as fit for work.

The only way to say on incapacity benefit is if you suffer from a metal disability as it's quite difficult for some one to prove other wise. If you suffer form this you will also be able to claim DLA + Carers Allowance. You can even get a claim for a car if you are unable to get around. Of course you need someone else to drive it.

Do they still give out blue badges? I thought that they had done away with them.

No they don't give them out you have to go through a pointless and expensive medical every three years.

Mine comes up this year even though I can't walk much above a few yards can't bend, kneel or crouch just the same as three years ago but still they will put me through it just in case :D

No they don't give them out you have to go through a pointless and expensive medical every three years.

Mine comes up this year even though I can't walk much above a few yards can't bend, kneel or crouch just the same as three years ago but still they will put me through it just in case :D

I know they don't just give them out, I was just being very casual in the words I used.

I don't know anyone that has one and I'm aware that they where difficult to get.

I'm thinking that someone once told me that they where called blue cards and when you got one you kept it for life. As you know it means that you don't have to work.

I must have picked the person up wrong, you have to keep applying every so often for it then.

I must have picked the person up wrong, you have to keep applying every so often for it then.

Yes - they last for three years then you have to attend yet another examination to see if you really are disabled or broken as my wife and I describe it :D:D

It is not much fun.

Yes - they last for three years then you have to attend yet another examination to see if you really are disabled or broken as my wife and I describe it :D:D

It is not much fun.

I know that its not much fun, ever one is looked upon as a fraudster. Some people just spoil the system for the people that really need it, they have no idea nor care of the suffering it causes the people that need it. It can be a very stressful time when you get called up to stand a board.

I know that its not much fun, ever one is looked upon as a fraudster. Some people just spoil the system for the people that really need it, they have no idea nor care of the suffering it causes the people that need it. It can be a very stressful time when you get called up to stand a board.

Thank you - at last someone who understands that not all disabled people are just out to milk the system :smashin::smashin::smashin:

I will promise not to run over your feet with my scooter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The problem, and the reason that some are very cynical, is that so many people are scamming us taxpayers out of money unfairly.

In the town I live in the percentage of people on incapacity benefit in the last census was nearly 12%. 12% !!!!!!!

There are just so many people that know how to play the system. I know of young people who have free cars on mobility, some simply because they eat too much. They seem to have nothing wrong with them except that they are morbidly obese. You see that annoys me when my own mother in her 60s who is crippled with arthritis was turned down. Yet 12% of our town is able to qualify. But she is just too honest to lie and cheat and claim she is depressed etc. She just gets on with it and never complains.

So I too am a backer of regular checkups. If you are genuine then you will have nothing to fear.

A counsellor friend of mine was telling me that when the mentally ill people she works with, who genuinely need help or care have their claims rejected or disallowed they just accept it and go without, scraping by. Where as someone who is claiming falsely will fight tooth and nail to get their claim. A distant relation of mine, who as far as I can see is buggered had a medical exam in his home recently resulting in most of his money being cut. Where does someone like him stand when this happens? A fraudster can just cut his loses and move on but someone who can't work is left in a nightmare state of worry.

Every time the government goes on one of their cut down on fraudulent claims campaigns there are some real injustices along the way. Just dealing with these government agencies is demeaning and leaves you feeling worthless. You are treated with suspicion and contempt. In an ideal world people claiming falsely would be dealt with and those in need of aid would be treated fairly and with dignity but that is far from the case. So I agree, it is incapacity hell.

they last for three years then you have to attend yet another examination to see if you really are disabled

It is not much fun.

Surely a medical examination every three years isn't too much to ask. After all if you are unemployed and looking for work you would be expected to go to the Jobcentre for a mini examintation every two weeks.

If people were allowed to claim disability benefit without any checks at all there would be a huge outcry

I think this is a good thing, those who are genuine i believe have nothing to worry. Agree some borderline cases may go either way and that will be for both sides of the argument.

This is a local case that happended where i live only a few weeks ago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7358641.stm

Its one of many and gets people backs right up. Those who need have, you have it. Those who scam, your days are numbered :)

Yes its a shame that some peeps in here feel the need to take the **** out of someone who is disabled:nono:.Its happened once or twice before

So disability means that you lose the ability to punctuate and write a sentence then does it?

Who's generalising now?

So disability means that you lose the ability to punctuate and write a sentence then does it?

Who's generalising now?
its quite possible than in his case it is.After all he did bring up the subject of disability.In any case what is the point in taking the piss?

i'm disabled and have a 'Blue Badge' - obtaining one is not conditional on any medical

you complete the form giving details of your 'disability' and your doctors address

they sometimes contact your doctor and sometimes they ring you up for a quick chat - i've never had a problem

though i have heard that some local authorities are more 'strict' if thats the right word?

i have a medical every so often but thats just to keep the DWP informed that i have not had a miraculous recovery!!

there is no doubt that the system is open to abuse if the issuing authority do not check with your doctor - you could tell a pack of lies whilst being fully fit!!

i would like to see a tightening up on the use of badges especially by 'relatives/friends' when the badge holder is not present - also more badge holders should be ticketed/fined for abusing the badge as it does not give carte blanche to park dangerously and on pavements

a small minority reflect very badly on the rest of us who respect our badges!!

It amazes me that people have the perception that all people on incapacity or DLA or what ever benefits are on a good thing, I myself suffer from arthritis, waiting on an op for new knees, and a surgeon to look at a shoulder that restricts movement... due to various circumstances I can only get, income support, with £20 for being long term sick/disabled and the lowest amount on DLA... I would happily give up any monies to be pain free and more mobile, being stuck in for long periods of time on your own is not much fun....any way my point is were not all living the high life, I would also hazard a guess that depression amongst people in the same or similar circumstances to me are also high.

Curly

i don't think people generally think that people who are on incapcity benefits are fleecing the system,but being forced to take a medical can only weed out the fraudsters. I am all for it,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom