Inateck Portable 3 Port USB 3.0 Hub with Gigabit Ethernet review

donka

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Gigabit Ethernet from Inateck is almost an exact copy of the 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with the one change in dropping the USB 3.0 port on the end in favour of a Gigabit Ethernet port.

Inside the box you will find the hub itself, along with a driver cd and user guide. The CD isn't strictly needed though as this is true plug and play, at least on the Mac. This measures 110 x 20 x 32 mm and weighs only 60g.

The hub features a 30cm cable and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 standards as expected. It is also bus powered so no additional power supply is required but that means you won't be using this for charging multiple devices as it is limited to the power the USB 3.0 port you have connected this hub to can supply.

This features a high performance VIA chipset to ensure maximum throughput and it also features Overvoltage/Overcurrent/Leakage and Short-Circuit protection to keep your devices safe.

The additional Ethernet port is full Gigabit as you would hope from a recent product and is a real bonus for the laptop user who doesn't have an available Ethernet port but wishes to use that for performance or security reasons. I know my Macbook Pro doesn't have an Ethernet port and this is the case for many slim line laptops. While most users are happy to use Wireless when available, some people still prefer the wired route where possible and this product gives you that option. This supports IPv4/IPv6 protocols, dual channel transfer mode, automatic transfer and data stream reversing regulation.

All in all, this is a simple unit that does a simple job well. The thick, sturdy cable and lightweight of the hub makes this better suited to mobile use than a permanent fixture with a desktop solution. I think the many ultra books and Macbooks with only one or two USB ports are the ideal target for a product like this and the inclusion of Gigabit Ethernet will be a bonus for many users. All in, a great product for the road warrior.

I got this from http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ESVH4MO/

Video review:

Attachments

• Inateck 3 Port USB Hub Ethernet 1.jpg
    Inateck 3 Port USB Hub Ethernet 1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 33
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom