• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

in76 and ps3 blu-ray 24 fps problems

toddy28

Prominent Member
i just got a ps3 and have got it connected to my in76 via hdmi and im having problems getting blu ray movies to run at 24 fps they judder alot (help) runs fine with games and movies at normal 60 hz any ideas

Klippie

Established Member
I've got an IN78 which is basically the same machine. As far as I know these projectors don't have the 24fps setting so why not just enjoy what it can display, I recently borrowed a mates PS3 and I must admit I was blown away by the Blu-ray picture even when feeding the IN78 with 1080p it looked amazing.

toddy28

Prominent Member
if you look on infocus web site it says the projector can display 1080p 24

saying that blu-ray does look amazing better then sky hd but would like to get the in76 running at 24fps just to c if it makes any diffrence

toddy28

Prominent Member
any ideas lads :thumbsup:

P

ProjectorDreams

if you look on infocus web site it says the projector can display 1080p 24

saying that blu-ray does look amazing better then sky hd but would like to get the in76 running at 24fps just to c if it makes any diffrence

The in76 can except 1080 24 but does not throw it out at 24 frames per second it changes it to 60hz you will need an in81 or 82 to do 24fps:lesson:

toddy28

Prominent Member
The in76 can except 1080 24 but does not throw it out at 24 frames per second it changes it to 60hz you will need an in81 or 82 to do 24fps:lesson:

thats not quite right i can set the ps3 to 60 fps and it shows up on the in76 at 1080p 60 and runs no problem at all when i set the ps3 to 24fps the in76 shows 1080p 24 so it does support 24fps and does not change it up to 60 hz but the image judders and rips

And i have spoken to the tech support at infocus and they said it should be able to output at 24fps and are looking in to the problem thay said it might be down to the ps3

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
thats not quite right i can set the ps3 to 60 fps and it shows up on the in76 at 1080p 60 and runs no problem at all when i set the ps3 to 24fps the in76 shows 1080p 24 so it does support 24fps and does not change it up to 60 hz but the image judders and rips

If it shows 1080p24 it can also mean to say it is receiving 1080p24 as input. I can get my BenQ W100 to show the words 720p and 1080i on screen but it is still converting it to 480.

If the image judders then it is 60hz.

toddy28

Prominent Member
i do no that it is only a 720 p projector its the frame rate im talking about and if it upscaled the 24fps to 60 it should look ok same as when i set the ps3 to 60 , not judder so it is trying to play at 24fps but not doing a very good job hopefully a firmware update might fix the problem:thumbsup:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
i do no that it is only a 720 p projector its the frame rate im talking about and if it upscaled the 24fps to 60 it should look ok same as when i set the ps3 to 60 , not judder so it is trying to play at 24fps but not doing a very good job hopefully a firmware update might fix the problem:thumbsup:

I was using the frame rate of my one as a example of the PJ changing the signal (mine won't accept 1080p24) but displaying the input signal onscreen.

I still think it converts the signal to 720p60.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom